Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wieand WC4D

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dieselc, Nov 21, 2012.

1. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Finally got it found a great deal on one and waited a few weeks for it but it was worth it, now all I need is the right valve covers and water pump and a few small parts and I will be ready to fire this engine up.

Attached Files:

• wc4d.jpg
      wc4d.jpg
      File size:
      108.8 KB
      Views:
  2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Love mine and it works great!!! Good luck on getting it fired and on the road!

3. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

I plan on firing the engine for the first time and breaking it in on a 4bbl, I was just testing this on there. The carbs are 48's that I rebuilt with new including throttle plates and shafts with oversized bushings. I think I will be ok on tuning them "Can't be any harder than a side drafts on a VW". I have been looking for this manifold for months though.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I fired my car with a brand new cam on a fresh engine on all 4 carbs. They tuned in pretty easy and I was able to break the cam in no problem.

After driving the car I found that I WAS having an issue with my firewall throttle linkage pulling back all 4 carbs so the secondaries were getting hung up and fowling out plugs. I think I got that all squared away now though.

5. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Mine is all new as well but I want to break the cam in on the 4bbl, call me a wuss but I can't afford to rebuild again with other problems I have now with my daily driver. What are your engine specs? Just trying to get an idea what to expect on mine.

6. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

I did my math and 48's are what I need for my build as long as my math is right.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I have a 1956 265 bored .125" (283") with a 097 cam '57 heads with a port and polish, stock crank and new internals. Nothing crazy just basically what you'd expect from a stock '57 Corvette engine.

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Those are real cool intakes.. Just got mine a month ago or so. Can't wait to get the 283 fired up and dial in the carbs but it'll be months before that happens.

I plan on firing up the 283 and tuning it in with the stock 2-bbl that's on there right now then when the motor is tuned in right, switch over to the 4x2 when it's all rebuilt. So, you're not a wuss for wanting to fire it up with a 4-bbl first then switching. :)

9. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Mine is not as cool but I wanted to be sure I had enough power. It is a 350 4 bolt main. 10.6:1 with bowtie heads, I got a really good price on those parts as a running engine but I pulled it apart to throw gaskets at it and found it to be a little worse for wear. My 401 Buick was the same so I chose to rebuild the chevy first and build it with parts I can swap over to the Buick when I get to it.

10. dieselc where did you get the bushings and shafts for the 48's? Were you satisfied with the quality of parts. I have found that the shafts vary a lot. I am going to run the same setup but with an Edelbrock on my 324 Olds. Right now I am setting up a set of 48's on a 283 hence the ?

11. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Mine are stromberg parts from Lucky's hot rod shop VTW, they fit perfect. I would suggest getting the reamer tool, I did not and had to find a drill bit that was close to it in size. Summit racing also carries the stromberg shafts.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I just sent my 97's to Uncle Max and let him do his thing on them. They're perfect right out the box...literally!