Register now to get rid of these ads!

width of 30/31 coupe seat vs 32 5 window?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by revkev6, Apr 2, 2012.

1. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

hey guys im building a 32 coupster. Im trying to get it on the road with what I have on hand. One of the things I have is a repop 30/31 coupe front seat spring set. Can anyone tell me how much wider a 32 seat is supposed to be?

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

NO actual measurement BUT a friend installed a 30 coupe seat in his 32 coupe ( 5W ) and it is about 3 and 1/2 inches from the door ... both sides. Looks OK to me ...

My 32 3W seat ( original Henry seat frame ) almost touches the door. I can barely get my hand between the door and the seat.

[​IMG]

IMHO ... it is not that difficult to just build a roadster seat ... from plywood and foam.

[​IMG]

3. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

3" is about What I figure I have with the model A seat spring. it isn't the looks of the spring I'm worried about, it's the width. when I mock it up it feels like I'm sitting too far on the edge of the spring. Not the most comfortable thing in the world. I've thought about cutting the seat in the middle and widening it rather than spring (yeah I went there) for a set of new springs.

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

My friend is small in statue ( 5 foot 5 inches ) and about 140 lbs. He says the seat is comfortable for him. It is not that comfortable for me ( 6 foot 2 inches and 220 ).

The 3W ... is comfortable for me. Photo is of the wife behind the wheel. It is actually her coupe :D

[​IMG]