Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wicked t-bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolbreeze1340, Nov 22, 2011.

1. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Hanging out with the lil' one tonight and just happen to find Smokey and the Bandit on TV! I totally forgot about the part where all the hot rodders leave the local burger joint and jam up the roadway for Smokey. That is one wild looking red t-bucket! Every time I see that show it makes me want to buy a black and gold TA, damn those 6.6L ran!

2. blt2go

blt2go

smokey and the bandit is the last thing i went to the theater to watch. yeah that bucket looked pretty tough from memory. thanks for the reminder......smokey and the bandit on dvd added to christmas list. like i've been good enough anyway!!!!

3. forget the t bucket, i'll have the girl driving it:D

Attached Files:

4. butch27

butch27

I love T Buckets. Oh and girls too.

5. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

Remwmber the black bucket in Starman?

Ron

6. PackardV8

PackardV8

Your results may vary. For me, T-buckets are like hookers. Lot of style in a parking lot, appeals to the baser instincts, always promise more than they could ever deliver, no way one could live with them. I've driven a couple and if you gave me the best one ever built in California, but said I had to drive it home to Spokane, I'd say "No, thanks!"

jack vines

7. hookers always deliver.... had some ex-wives that didn't, and were way more expensive. t-buckets are the 'jukebox's on wheels' part of the hobby.
    as far as the parking lot goes, they get all the attention, much to the annoyance of the 32 crowd.
    i've known people that crossed country in them, me included. it boils down to how much attention and how involved you want to be in the trip.
    hooker...no, more like your first girlfriend.
    my results varied.

8. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

she's got boobies.

9. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Yup,liked that T and driver

10. classicfins

classicfins

I love T buckets. Mine was channeled 9" and I'm 6', 300 lbs. I drove it 11,000 miles one year in 4 month's time. They are only miserable to drive if you don't love em. lol

11. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Oh look!
    A post that would allow me to use the words "baloney" and "wimp" if I were so inclined! :D:D:D
    (But I won't because your entitled to your opinion. :D )

Actually, I'd have NO problem living with a T bucket and after doing a good trip this past summer in fitzees I don't consider travelling IN one a bad experience at all...I consider it an absolute BLAST I'd recommend to anyone.

It doesn't get old...its like a bad drug and you need your next fix!

That said, the Bandit movie bucket is a little too "Fad T" for me. I'm more into the Modified style.

12. Notice the Rochester Fuelie on top of that SB?

I've been in comfy and not so comfy T Buckets... yes in some ways they are like women

13. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

THE DRIVER WAS A DUDE!! That's OK, to each their own I guess. The passenger was "Hot Pants" (one of Smokey's lady friends) and yes she was hot in her own 1979 way.

A Tee is a lot like a motorcycle. Maybe not the best ride and you can get wet, cold, or sun burned, but you look cool doing it!

14. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Great T- Buckets: Tommy Ivo's, Norm Grabowski's, Ed Roth's Tweety Pie and of course The Outlaw. Those are great cars, as are the other T's built in this fashion.

15. Original57

Original57

Couldn't agree more Curly Hand. Those are absolute classics.

16. paintcan54

paintcan54

Packard V8 you realy don't understand. Yes T-Buckets are like women, love some, hate some. I love my Fad-T, the wife and I drove it over 1,200 miles this year, took a 420 mile trip in a weekend and that is with no top, on all back roads and a "6 gal gas tank" and open headers, I get about 9-10 miles per gal, but damn it sounds good doing it!!! And miles of smiles all the time.

Attached Files:

17. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Nice Tee!! That does look REAL fun!

18. Gator

Gator

Musta looked like a bear on a tricycle.

[​IMG]

No offense, classicfins. :D

19. You, sir, are a hotrodder!

20. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

He sure is - I saw them driving it one Friday night last month and it was only 30 degrees!! His bucket was featured in HOT ROD recently too. Very sweet car.

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

1,200? That's it? I put that many in during the summer alone.:D I love my T and all the bad things included. If it rains, I don't drive her, she's kinda cramped and too loud for a radio. BUT, I wouldn't trade a moment I'm in her for anything! T's are a love/hate thing.

22. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Now these are T-Buckets!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  23. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Built mine in 1999, had 10 years of fun with it before selling, Raced it, slalomed it, Cruised it, not once did it ever breakdown despite a lot of abuse.

I would have it back in a heartbeat, should never have sold it :(

[​IMG]

24. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Love T-buckets!!!!! Now, I want a Smokey and the Bandit DVD for Christmas.

25. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

Guys like you really crack me up, the man that started this thread didnt ask for YOUR opinion or any ones opinion on T buckets for that matter, it was about a T that was in a movie, a very cool looking older hot rod i may add. if you can't add anything of value to a thread, dont post in it.....its that simple

26. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Certainly there is room for one's opinion on any thread, as it is one of the more important aspects of an open forum. I found PackardV8's post to be witty and appropriate.

27. wizzard23

wizzard23

Here's what I tell people about traveling in mine: "Just as miserable as a Harley at half the price!"

28. Deuces

Deuces

I think her CB handle was "Little Beaver"..... er somthing like that..:rolleyes::)

29. The rain isn't so bad if you duck low enough but cleaning the rubber off of them is a major pain. I drive mine a lot and the power to weight ratio is hard to complain about.
    [​IMG]

30. Hemi-roid

Hemi-roid
    from Cary, IL

Like anything else in life, it has to be something you enjoy or it's not worth it. We have a group of Bucketheads that drive across the country in our T-Buckets every chance we get. Like wizzard23 mentioned, it's a lot like riding a bike as far as creature comforts, but the bikers don't seem to be worried about it either. You either like it or you don't. Different strokes...