Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wichita Falls, Texas vaca

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemi8me, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Hemi8me

Hemi8me

The woman and I are going to Wichita Falls, Texas next week to visit some of her family. Anything cool down there? Food, bars,..etc...
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. ssimpala

ssimpala

I answered your post on the "other" forum with a "no", only friendly people, but just thought of something. The whole countryside around there is really, really infested with coyotes right now. Pain in the butt for us farmers/ranchers, but might be interesting for "city folks" to see coyotes out running around in broad daylight. Bill.

3. Big Dad

Big Dad

4. Big Dad

Big Dad

5. Big Dad

Big Dad

6. I was stationed out there when I was in the military.

I dunno if it's still there or not but Graham's Central Station was over by the mall. The place housed like 5 bars. On Friday and Saturday nights, the whole place used to crawl with tarted up young female Airmen from Sheppard AFB. The drinks were over priced but you couldn't beat the view.

There was also a pretty decent Japanese restaurant in the same area. I think it was named "samurai" or something like that. It's one of those hibachi joints. As I remember it was pricey but the food was good.

Other than that, all I can tell you is where the Bennigan's and the Pizza Huts are.

7. cheap1

cheap1

[I dunno if it's still there or not but Graham's Central Station was over by the mall. The place housed like 5 bars. On Friday and Saturday nights, the whole place used to crawl with tarted up young female Airmen from Sheppard AFB. The drinks were over priced but you couldn't beat the view.]

That's exactly what I remember about Wichita Falls. I was stationed at Sheppard as well. Good Times!

8. adamshumard

adamshumard

There are alot of yards with vintage tin out there thats fun to look at. BUT its all priced like gold.

9. volksjunky

volksjunky

I was there in the early nineties at Sheppard, theyre was no place with five bars that I remember. I just remember it was flat,dry, and there were tumble weeds and rabbits everywhere ! We always went to Dallas on the weekends to get out of there !

10. Andamo

Andamo

Pretty sure Eddie Hill, the first drag racer into the 4's, has a motorcycle business there. Stop in and say hi and get his autograph.

11. Hemi8me

Hemi8me

Looks like the bro-in-law was not shitting me. I could get some pics from junk yards.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

12. 71Dart440

71Dart440
    from Wichita KS

It appears Wichita Falls Raceway Park opens the 26th w/Test & Tune. I'd second the motion to stop into Eddie Hills motorcycle shop. Aside from that....it's a bit limited, but you could head South and hit Dallas / Ft. Worth. To the North is Lawton Oklahoma which is more of the same (just like WF) but it too has a drag strip (not sure of thier schedule).

http://www.wichitaracewaypark.com/

P.S. It's winter so probably not a problem, but summer...ticks & chiggers common in salvage yards if there's tall grass. Don't ask how I know LOL.