Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. driverquality

driverquality

Hello everyone. Just like others here I've been lurking for years, but never had much to add to the conversation. I have been into cars, trucks, and motorcycles as long as I can remember thanks to my Dad & older brothers influence, so am trying to do the same for my son who is 4. He already loves old cars & has his own hot rod built by my brother and me (see avatar). On the way home from daycare today we talked about pistons, rings, and connecting rods, so I think he's on the right track! Up next for him is learning basic repairs & customizing on an old Schwinn bicycle I picked up a couple months ago. Hopefully he will want a H.A.M.B. Friendly project vehicle to work on with his old man in a few years once I get mine on the road. I work 2 jobs to provide for my family and am back at college to turn my associates degree into a bachelors, so time and money are always in short supply.

I'm currently working on a '57 Chevy 3200 that I bought a couple years ago as a bucket of parts. It was missing the engine, transmission, glass, seat, and a bunch of other miscellaneous parts, but has no rust on it which is hard to come by on these trucks, let alone in Wisconsin. Frame, cab floor, and interior was blasted and painted black probably 20+ years ago then project was abandoned, and it appears most of the sheet metal has since been swapped from another truck that was also rust free, but not as nice. Anyway, I've put a v8 & auto trans in it along with swapping rear diff, relocating gas tank, adding ps & pb, front disc brakes, 3" lowered springs (keeping the straight axle), and just a basic reassembly. It'll be "driverquality", not show quality, but hopefully on the road next year vs sitting in the garage for another 10.

2. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Welcome from West Bend WI!:)