Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why would someone let this rust away?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50 weight, Jan 20, 2011.

1. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I call BS on this. The price of 32 Ford bodies and parts doesn't keep anyone from getting into this hobby (unless you're a poser or an elitist). Build a Model A! vic

2. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

To answer the original question, yes, I had a '32 just like this fall into my lap -- FREE -- in 1972. I had to jack my '38 against the wall in my one-car garage to make room. Two rodder buddies and I loaded it on the truck and hauled it to my garage for preservation. The '38 project was O.O.B. until I found ANOTHER rodder buddy who had a rolling chassis. At least my story had a happy ending (though, I'd have LOVED to have the room to KEEP that steel body! LOL).

3. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

yeah....amazing...really amazing.....
    did I mention that I saw a UFO once.....?

4. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

theres no way this is real.....

5. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Hey Jason,

I've been meaning to stop by your shop and tell you that I visited this guy's place a couple weeks ago and the old guy finally gave in and sold it. Real cheap at that, he told me he got tired of you asking about it and wanted to get rid of it. Sorry man! ;)

Stogy likes this.
  6. 50 weight

50 weight

Well, at least it went to a good home and will be back on the street again.

Stogy likes this.
  7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Good point Scott! Fill it full of tampons then tarp it! :D
    If I do tarp things here at home, I always park on one first, just for a barrier !

8. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

ran into this with an old house some years ago. built in 1912 and inside was in awsome cond. much looked as if never used. the outside was somewhat run down but at that time an easy fix.tried to buy it but the guy wanted about 3 times what it was worth and wouldnt budge. was past the house about a week ago and its still sitting and rotting and empty just like when we looked at it @ 20 years ago but looks much worse. a real shame as it was a real cool old house,could have been a showplace.

9. DREW148BHP

DREW148BHP

10. VonKool13

VonKool13

I would "borrow" that bad girl....

11. sfckiddo

sfckiddo

there is a body sitting just south of Sheridan Ar. along the side of the hyway, been there 2 million years now.

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Appeal to his common sense. Remind him that unless good judgement prevails, 'Social Justice' will disuade him. (for the good of all) It will be 'law'.

13. badshifter

badshifter

I used to think these posts were useless. Now I realize the good in them, it helps us figure out who the thieves are....

14. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

WOW ! What a waste of good original steel !!!!!!!!!!!!

15. skoh73

skoh73

Badshifter- that is the truth! Why would you want to advertise that you are a filthy stinking theif? Probably the same guys who are first to post in stolen car threads saying "hang 'em high" or "cut their balls off"!

There are reasons why people keep these things and let them rot- it's about possession. Check out the show "Hoarders" once and you'll get the idea.

16. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

It's his, he can do what he wants with it.

17. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

Why would someone let this rust away?

obviously theyre a lil short in the brain department, ive had a lot of cool cars i knew i wouldnt get to, thats why i said "had". if im not going to do anything with them i pass them on to someone who might finish them just to save them.

18. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

Out here in the high desert there are a LOT of cars rotting away from people just letting them sit. Everytime I see one I want to scream at its owner, "Either do something with it or sell it to someone that will!"

19. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I "work" sometimes at a scrap metal yard and I see this all the time, when the old fart dies the kids will sell it for scrap. Lately we have a '62 bonneville HT, a '66 el camino, and just shredded a '66 ranchero. The "scrappers" screwed up the ranchero picking it up with a logging truck boom, if a rollback/trailer had been used we could have saved it. A lot of stuff wasted for $7.00/ 100 lbs.

20. junkmonger

junkmonger

X2! Sounds like a good way to get your ass shot.

21. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I'm doing that"just not getting it" thing again. I just read this entire thread and somewhere along the line I could swear that I saw 12 K to 15 K mentioned. I'm trying to figure out which of the two would be crazier, the guy who offered that amount of green, or the guy that refused it.:confused:
    Paul

22. spydey

spydey

there was a guy a couple of hours north of Toronto...with count them...2...Packard Hawks...sitting on his front lawn...winter and summer....both were buried in his lawn so deep...up to the axles...with the rear ends sitting right on the ground!....mind you this was a bunch of years back...I heard they were not for sale for any price...I guess he just liked to look at them go to garbage...

if you have a couple of hours to waste...go onto the site : www.carsinbarns.com

J.

23. you know if its a lawn ornament he wants, just find an old farm tractor or something like that and offer him that plus a few stacks of green. it worked once for me so its worth a shot

24. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

BULLSHIT

This guy is just a sensationalist looking for attention. Well, he's been caught!

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295184

Last post clearly shows the same photo and all of this car. Except the other posting is going on 3 years old. What a lame life he must lead.

25. RichG

RichG

Odd, that is the exact same picture...

(Post #20 from the thread you quoted)

26. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Bwahahahaha
    BUSTED.
    Or maybe the weeds don't grow much in three years!

Scotty.

27. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

28. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

yeah real good way to get killed