Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why would someone let this rust away?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50 weight, Jan 20, 2011.

1. 50 weight

50 weight

I just wanted to share my neighbors 'yard ornament'. This old chopped 32 has sat outside on the east coast for over 20 years. I've pleaded with him to sell it to me or let me store it in my garage (lol, it was worth a shot) or put a tarp over it or build a building around it, or something. It breaks my heart that someone would do this. It doesnt make any sense. Has anyone else encountered this?

Attached Files:

2. That sucks, what a waste!!! But that is just how some people are!

3. the-rodster

the-rodster

wow, just, wow

Rich

4. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

You should at least talk him into getting it up off the dirt. By the time he finally decides to give it up, it'll be shot (if it isn't already).

5. Larry T

Larry T

Isn't that the body someone was asking about a few days ago?
    Larry T

6. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

I always get "I'm gonna fix it up someday".

Ron

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I honestly think that is how some people get their kick. The I've got it and no one else can have it syndrome.

8. big bad john

big bad john

.....WOW....what a waste......guess some people are just stupid...

9. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Run in to stupidy all the time, favorite saying...Nope! Gonna fix her up! Sure buddy....:mad:

10. Wow! A 32 Murry body Ford. Just a pile of money or a great project disintegrating.
    I see it all the time. Ya think they'd want to at least preserve it. I found a 66 Mustang FB that had set in a neighbors shed next to my parents house for many years. When I started restoring my 66 Hertz Shelby I talked to the home owner about the car. He said in was his sons. Had sat for 20 years. I looked the car. it
    was sunk into at least 18 to 24 inches of mud. The bottom half was toast. Really a shame

11. Have you shown up with a stack of $100s and pulled them out in front of him...? Seeing the green changes some people.

12. 52pig

52pig

You sure 3/4's of it doesn't fall on your property line, it may be yours all ready. If not, slowly shift it over, and when it is put a lein on it, per removal off your property.

13. 94hoghead

94hoghead

breaks my heart. It seem there are so many of those guys that won't do anything with it and won't let anyone else have a shot at it either....

14. Junk Hunter

Junk Hunter
    from The Ozarks

When you talk to him about it, does he give you a reason? Is he a car guy? Does he really know what it is and what it is worth? I can understand the situation if he is ignorant...I can't if he is not.

15. shoeboxdoc

shoeboxdoc
    from OKC

What a shame!!!

16. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

He is just getting that patina that everybody loves,he will be the talk of the next car show season:p.............Don't give up yet just keep reminding him that you want it.Like they say money talks.does he have a hobby find something he wants more.

17. turdytoo

turdytoo

I went so far as to take the owner of a similar "I'm gonna fix it" unchopped 3w a Brookville catalogue with the parts and prices of what it would take to save it underlined, along with my stack of "C notes" to no avail.

18. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

Go show him "MORE" real money!

If that don't work tell him you are going to pant it PURPLE and put LSU on the side of it! :p

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  19. rockyfarmer

rockyfarmer

^^^^^ a Large stack....that looks to be in pretty darn great shape......or better yet....show his wife! :p

20. Tin Can

Tin Can

Go "borrow" it. If he doesnt have a title he cant prove it is his. posetion holds up more than him saying it is his.....

21. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Give him $5000.00 cash and take it home. It's worth that if the other side is good.

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

how much did you offer him?

23. another stab at Patina eh, and you are right he prolly would be the talk of the next car show and for good reason. It don't look like everyone else. Shit is unique. Funny how that would cause more debate than what engine or frame he would be running.

50 weight, at least make a tombstone for the thing.

24. 48reo

48reo

yeah there is a 57 chevy hardtop rotting in the backyard next door to me. but Im not giving up! Im going to help light a fire under my neighbors ass! becouse I believe that with a little help he WILL fix it up someday.

25. Try a midnight intervention. It could just vanish some evening. The hot rod elves took it.

26. the-rodster

the-rodster

Close, but no.

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  27. Stealing is never ok....no matter what. But I bet if you showed up with a big enough stack of $100s and showed his wife what it's worth....she'd say take it away.

28. Junk Hunter

Junk Hunter
    from The Ozarks

Really, really bad advice......

29. jick

jick
    from london

agreed.....if you showed up with $12-15K thats gonna be hard to turn down i'd have thought...especially in the current economic climate.

the $5000 posted earlier is just not realistic for any kind of 32 body in this day and age

.... if i knew where there was something like that i couldn't sleep, eat or do anything until i got hold of it.

30. 48reo

48reo

if he says he is going to fix it up offer to help then you will have a new hot rodder friend. the more the merrier!