Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why The Jersey Suede Can’t Get No Lovin’ This Year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 43gman, Jul 6, 2009.

1. dt50chev

dt50chev

Mind posting up a few pictures of your Chevy AD truck? I have read lots of good things about it, but have seen very little in the way of pictures.

Thanks.

2. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

dt50chev,

I'll have to get in the shop tomorrow and take some shots of the '48 Chevy as I don't have any current ones available. It's a good old gal and so dependable too. Look for a post soon.

Lance

3. dt50chev

dt50chev

Thanks. I do appreciate it.

4. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

ok here are a few shots taken 07-10-10 at a local cruise in night of lances 48, the blue vet is a 64 owned by the guy in lances web site asking how do i get out of this?

Attached Files:

5. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Lance, what a great collection of really cool cars & trucks. The little A looks great driving!

6. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

Here are some shots of the '48, tucked away for the winter with the rest of the gang. Not great shots but you get the point.

Attached Files:

• 48F.jpg
      48F.jpg
      File size:
      202.9 KB
      Views:
    • 48E.jpg
      48E.jpg
      File size:
      212 KB
      Views:
    • 48D.jpg
      48D.jpg
      File size:
      210.1 KB
      Views:
    • 48C.jpg
      48C.jpg
      File size:
      190.5 KB
      Views:
    • 48B.jpg
      48B.jpg
      File size:
      178 KB
      Views:
  7. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Hey Lance, I'll keep the LOVE flowing. I have heard alot about your bad-ass stable of cars. I'm especially attracted to that suede car. Would love someday to meet you & your prize possessions. Happy Holidays!!!!

8. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Thanks for the pics,Never get tired of Looking at the BBadest Chevy truck ever,Now need to see JerseySuede! 2 of the Badest on the East coast,:cool: Lucky

9. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

lucky! go back though this thread by 1 page to post 104 ,lance posted some shots of suede after he rolled it out and washed it off this year.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  10. wizzard23

wizzard23

On the older pre 1 piece seal banger, I used a mid 70's Pontiac Sunbird pan to get rear sump. The early Chevy II I had was front sump. This worked out great in my Track T. Cool to see some current info on these fun little engins. Awsome pu by the way. Thanks.

11. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

Here are a few pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Awesome rides! Love the Police Special Speedo

13. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

this lil. 4 banger has a lot that can be done to it. it fits in place just like the A bones own banger motor. you don't need to touch the fire wall. it's simple,easy to work on,

problems lay with the 2 piece rear main seal oil pan.finding a good one is the biggest. when a rear sump from a p10 is found, the pan has to have the baffle cut out as it is there for the shorter stroke 153 nova motor used in that p10 box van. when the 153 pan is bolted on a 181 inch 3.0l litter the longer stroke crank hits that baffle and sounds like a bad rod bearing.

motor wise to me any way,finding a fork lift or generator set motor is a better starting point. besides haveing the part number for the stage 1 rear sump pan used from 1991 to 1993,right from GM. they have they factory cast iron manifolds made to hold carbs, come with factory MPFI "model LMX" and 8.25 compression. the electronic ignition, water pump,big flywheel.come right on the crate motor.

or if ordered for natural gas or propane 'model LM6' it has a high compression ratio of 9.2 or 10.5. the main problem useing a fork lift/generator motor lays in the cam shaft. it's ground for high torque at 1600 to 1800 rpm.

to make it streetable one needs to swap the cam shaft with a marine. these can be obtained after market made by sealed power and others, "isky still makes a roller solid lifter cam" so that the motor can run out at rpm's of 4500 to 5500. yes the lift and duration are higher and longer, but with the 9.2 flat top slugs, the valves clear them. the power band comes on right where we street guys want it.

the exhaust sound is almost banger like.even sounds like a camed small block a bit. till one raps on the go pedal and make the motor come to life, with more then the light A bones need

and in the case of the 30 kw generator from briggs and straton they used the 3.0 with a rear sump. and a intake that took the 4 intake ports,up made a 2 into 1 -2 times then the 2 became one up over the valve cover into 1 side draft one barrel for propane, this vapor carb could could easily be swapped out for a side draft from weber or if a person was lucky enough, a carter or strombergside draft .

here is some info we found while working out the plans.
    http://www.gm.com/vehicles/innovati...lized/industrial/REV_2011_3000_Industrial.pdf,

http://www.helmarparts.com/product_p/84780-gm.htm,

http://www.helmarparts.com/product_p/86360-gm.htm,

http://www.helmarparts.com/product_p/1650426-new.htm

14. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Thanks Greaser,Hope to see you guys in York with the new truck! Lucky

15. dt50chev

dt50chev

Thanks for the pics of the 48 truck. That is a radical chop!! Looks like a custom bed as well. I like the '37 Ford taillights. I am running them on my truck as well. The double lower grille bar is a neat custom touch. I have never seen that done before. What bezels did you use to french the headlights?

16. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

The bezels/headlight rings are Chrysler Cordoba from the 70's. I believe Monte Carlos will work also. I used the entire guts of the Cordoba as well as the rings to make it work.

Bed is flat stock with the rails slightly bowed and made from exhaust tubing. There's barely a square edge on the bed. Lots of work and it took the better part of a year to create. I'd love to take credit for it but I designed it but didn't build it. My friend Kenny Acheson is the master metal man there.

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Man.It's been a long time...we need to hook up in the future Lance.....
    Just love ALL your hotrods.

18. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

Jeff,

Absolutely!! It has definitely been too long.

Have a great Christmas.

19. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

Merry christmas to all.

20. Roupe

Roupe

Just saw this build a little late. Great truck, love the color.

21. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

22. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

NO YOU don't! the taxes will kill you. highest realistate in the nation, 7% sales tax. traffic and drivers here now would make you boil over every time out.

23. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

nope it's a fact, lance said the back ground is main street sussex nj way way back.

24. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

bragging...........about getting a Christmas card, lucky bastards!

25. Damn,him himself is on here;who is he?:rolleyes:
    Happy new year,oh yeah,cool truck :p

26. Muddi1

Muddi1
    from Washington

That is TRUE insperation, Thank you Jersey for directing me this way, I showed my sponsor aka wife and she is amazed. "I thought you were crazy for thinking you were going to put a boat engine in a car" ahahahaha!!!!! The proof is definatly in the pudding!! Thank you all, I am on a mission!!!

27. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

OK, I give up, who are you? I certainly recognize your avatar.

28. :Djust one of your many fans in Europe,Lance,your drawing style is legend and your cars ain't too shabby either.I'm guessing with your motor choice in the truck that gas consumption is becoming an issue over there as well? :cool:

29. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

Well ... THANKS!!! And as gas goes, it's high for us, but I know how it is over your way. Every time we go to Europe we can't get over the prices.

And the 4 cylinder in my case is just something I wanted to do years ago. I don't need to go fast but like to cruise in style, so the Mercruiser should do the trick!!

Regards!

30. This thing is killer! Love everything about it...

What are you running for a muffler? Or is there even one on there!

Did you put a 5 speed behind it?

-Shiny