Register now to get rid of these ads!

why the hell would someone scrap a souped up flat head

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52style, May 15, 2009.

1. studematt

studematt

I saw a article in a little pages once on how to put a flathead in a 49-52 chevy.

2. hotdamn

hotdamn

dude you would be shocked at the shit i have seen scraped at our local scrap yard.

3. nick_s

nick_s
    from Ohio

Ditto - Cracheads will scrap anything.. I wonder what the scrap guy thought when the douches took in all our 30-41 Buick and Ford radiators, my perfect GNX wheels with tires, and a few transmissions with convertoer maked "ok"

4. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

How are thoso photos comin along? Is it light out yet?

5. scrap maggots are worse than the antichrist.

Seen a savable split-window beetle (yeah, non hamb friendly, but still rare) that had got the glass busted out and loaded down with carburetors from an old yard near mountainburg AR, I knew that's where the car came from because I'd seen it for years, asked the people if they'd sell it (or any of the old cadillacs), "no, we're gonna fix 'em up some day."

damn nice resto...looks just like molten steel and aluminum to me.

there aren't too many people that even know the difference between a nailhead and a flathead, and in some cases have never heard either term, unless the latter dealt with a rather large catfish...trust me, I deal with them every single day I'm at work, and these are supposed to be MECHANICS, with ASE patches no less!!!!

Yeah...a flathead can go in a chevy, just like a chevy can go in a ford. Where there's a torch/welder, there's a way.