Register now to get rid of these ads!

why post got deleted

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by mater, Dec 27, 2010.

1. mater

mater
    from Minnesota

just wondering why my post got deleted

2. retromotors

retromotors

Looks to me like you've started about seven new threads, mostly on the same subject.
    That would be my guess.

3. mater

mater
    from Minnesota

never been on sight quite so strict

4. They always tell me by private mail. I tried to explain to them and ask for points back and stuff. It never works. Sometimes I censor myself and stay off the site for a few days (will maybe a 1/2 day). They never notice that either.

I believe they have spies. They can not monitor all the posts. I think somebody must push the little red button that says report. Ryan probably has an alarm go off by his bed so he can jump up and investigate.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Yep - that was it- posting the same question in about 3-4 different spots. Best place to get that question answered is the Main Board - "Hokey Ass Message Board"- You will probably get 30 or so answers or suggestions.

Hi Mater -
    Cob here - Moderator

Looks as if you found us and put your cart in front of the horses.
    First of all - my best advise is to relax and just take some time to look at all of the catagories. Just take some time and click on some sections and posts and see how we do things around here.
    First one is this one
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

If you are going to use the classifieds then you need to read this one.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239459

As far as being strict - we aren't really. We just have rules set up so the site is organized and catorgorized so people can navigate in a pretty good direction. With over 100,000 members - if we didn't have some rules it would be FUBAR.
    I have been on other sites and many don't have catorgories or rules and they are FUBAR.

Anyway - just be cool and know that Moderators donate their time and we handle things when time allows so don't leave the garage thinking nobody likes you. Thick skin man.

There is a initaition and that is if we run into you somewhere and you identify yourself as HAMB'r and we find out you haven't been initiated - be prepared for a wedgie with ducktape underwear. If you don't have tears pulling it out - you are in !

I am just pulling your chain man -

If you have questions just send me a Private Message.
    I'll send you one now so you can reply to it if you have questions.
    It will be the blinking envelope in the upper right hand corner.

Thanks and welcome.

Cob
    HAMB Moderator

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  6. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Corncobcoupe, post #5, said it all. Very nicely, I might add. All these posts seem rather inane (got a dictionary?). Not a good way to start off your H.A.M.B. visit.

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

LIke any new part/game/DVR/unassembled bike/etc. you buy...if you can't figure it out, READ the instructions...!!!

R-

8. I had some members that wrote some mean nasty responses to some of my posts. I was just learning and I still do not know why they were upset but I just ignored them. A couple of members sent private messages and apologized for the other members nasty mean responses.

I had better luck dealing with the nuns in catholic grade school than dealing with some of these monitors. I just keep on going and they have not attacked me lately. You never knew when the nuns were going to sneak up on you too.

I enjoy this site and you will too.

9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It's called giving you Garage razzing and you might want to grow thick skin to stay here.
    It's just a bunch of guys giving you shit now and then.
    Don't sweat it or take anything personal. Not worth it.
    It's about the cars man.....

Cob

10. mater

mater
    from Minnesota

as i already posted which was deleted all my life the best complement my old man could think of was are you f------ retarded or what. but hes dead now goin on 4 months maybe anyway nothin you say is really going to bother me those post were me just shaken the can to get noticed last night. on a happier note old man straightened up quite a bit before he died which was nice. last night just lack of any sleep whatsoever PS got motor and tranny out of mator today.

11. slowroller

slowroller

I want to know why this moderator has to delete my post. I've been a part of jalopy journal for years and and have given away more than I've sold. What if I dont have prices? Pisses me off to be a part of something that someone can delete my non offensive thread in hopes of helping some one that needs what I have but may not be able to afford it. Put my thread back on or get with me sa we can discuss this.

12. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Ok - First of all you have been on here for 2 months and have 6 posts total

I will tell you exactley why your post was deleted and while your kindness is appreciated, a tone of demand and trending toward a attitude - please don't.
    I will take the time to explain and when I do - you will see that we created these classified rules for everyones benefit and fairness.

Here is a copy of your ad

1955 pontiac chieftain 4 door sedan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a hood in good shape. I have the left and right front fenders left has mild scrape right is great. I have radiator. I have both inner fenderwells. I have most of the front bumper and I have the rear bumper. Rear isnt that great but its not horrible either. I have lots of chrome, dont ask if I have this or that part if you want the chrome you get all that I have for 100$. I have 2 front doors in great shape. Why dont you call me 830-459-5252 I'm feeling very generous right now so take advantage of it! Oh 2 oil bath air cleaners. arm rests ect.ect. My name is Chris 830-459-5252

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now - here is the only price I see
    " I have lots of chrome, dont ask if I have this or that part if you want the chrome you get all that I have for 100$."

So is that $ 100.00 for all the parts you have listed ?
    and I gaurantee you someone will post -
    how much for this radiator ?
    how much for this bumper ?
    how much for this inner fender ?

And guess what happens when they post that ?

EVERYONE elses ad gets bumped down the pages and pisses them off and is that fair to them ?
    No

Don't believe me ? Look at your post from 10/17
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522291

Now do you see why we require prices for each item to prevent fishing post questions.
    I don't care if you post your number. Posts are free - calling isn't.
    List 10 items - List 10 prices.

If you are worried if someone can afford a part - heck put $ 10.00 on each part man.

I hope you understand this and tone down the pisses you off part - attitudes just are not tolerated.

Appreciate your generosity - but rules are in place for a reason.
    Please respect that.

Thanks,

Cob
    Classifeds Moderator

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  13. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

-----------------------
    It was bad enough, but it could've been
    even worse! At least he *didn't* use the
    dreaded "R" word and say it was "Rat
    Rod
    "!:eek:<LOL>

Mart3406
    ==============

14. Cargo

Cargo

Some people just need to use Craigslist. That site accepts anything. "Rat Rod 4 Sell, Make awfur"
    As for the HAMB, you just gotta glide with the learning curve and take your lumps when you screw the pooch.

15. mater

mater
    from Minnesota

No deletes lately must be behaving myself.:):)

16. its all good.. this site wouldn't be half as good if they didn't keep the controlls on it like they do... viva la hamb

17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Mater - just took a little time and some paitence for you to understand how it works - didn't buddy ?

Cob

18. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Maybe it took us a little time and patience to figure out how Mater works?

:)

19. You have a pretty impressive record.
    51 posts total and you have started 19 threads.
    Yes, very impressive for sure.. :D

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Dont sweat the deletes ,Price for your parts Examle 20 and up .I asked the mods to delete 2 of my last threads I started ,I posted in wrong section and realized it ,Then a main board post that was getting to much drama ,I asked them to close ,These mods are on the ball ..................