Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Why I Was Late To Work This Morning...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 9, 2015.

1. No kids in my life but I still like driving my old cars to the shop 20 miles away from home. When I stared working there 30 years ago it was a two lane country road as you discribe, over the years it has evolved into a four lane freeway. I miss the simple two lane with the old bar from the 30s on the county line with the same farm trucks out front every day but hey, it's progress. Anyway I still like driving my old cars, as of late it's the '63 Falcon and although it is a V8 car it wanders and rattles at 75 so I keep it at 65. You should see the looks I get from the Altimas, BMWs and SUVs (I hate the term SUV). Used to be you would get a "thumbs up" from guys that thought your old hunk of iron was cool, now it's just get that P.O.S off the road so I can get past while eating breakfast and talking on my smart phone at 80 mph.

I think I am becoming a curmudgeon.

2. Yer a good dad. The soccer moms can piss off. They are mortgaged to the hilt and paying $600 a month on their dual fleece's anyway ;)

3. jazz1

jazz1

You may consider applying FOGEX inside on windows. Go real large and install a vintage defrost fan. I always figure being able to see the road is right up there with being able to stop the truck.

4. hotrod1120

hotrod1120

Well I guess we can understand a little bit of what the early days of america was starting with the horse and buggy to the 20's and 30's and even the 40's and 50's when this was a daily occurrence in parents lives with no options. We have come a long way my friend and for those of us who choose to live in our own throwback style I salute you. You obviously know something destructive about modern conveniences that hinder our lives. I just can't figure out what that is right at this moment.

5. Man, that was a long story. haha

6. mickeyc

mickeyc

Well Ryan I had a few f-100s over the years and they all had defrosters, heaters and radios
    ( factory stuff at that). With the folks and contacts you have I would have to say this ones
    on you!

7. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

This is what my morning looks like. I still wish I had a heater instead of a defroster.
    And dispite I'm going to my work to get my stuff before it closes shop, I'm still in a damn good mode ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1430369917.884852.jpg
    That's 50mph at 6.45. 10 degrees Celsius.

8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Blame the Hangover on Mary and Keith ;).
    Blame the oversleep on the snooze button ;).
    Blame the lack of heat/defrost on the day-job :(
    Blame the soccer Mom contempt on jealousy :)!!!!!!!!
    Blame the fact that you forgot to grab her grub on you trying to get work :).!!!!!!

Sounds like my kind of day :) !!!!!!!! Any kid will love to relive these memories that you have created by driving them to school in style, I know that even though it didn't happen often with my dad, I still cherish the times that it did.

9. Do that run in a modern car, and you've lost the potential for an interesting journey, and you'd have to look somewhere else to put a smile on your face.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Well cracked 100 for the 1st time with my new full traditional engine and trans combo in my 1965 daily, this morning, still climbing like a sob... Bare road too

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  11. raven

raven

That's why I always carry shops rags in my old truck. Cuz sometimes the windows need to be wiped from the inside...
    r