Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Why don't 37 Ford coupes get any love?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrblack30, Sep 15, 2009.

1. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Yep, still got it, and it still looks exactly like it does in the picture. It doesn't see the road as much as it use to due to all the other cars we have. But it's our go-to dependable car. Thing can sit for six months, and fire off like it was driven the day before. I live in San Leandro. That is the east bay. As long as the San Francisco Bay is the one you are speaking of.

2. When I sold my 29 RPU, I knew I wanted another Fat Fendered car. I had more fun with my 41 than any other Hot Rod I have owned, and a lot of that was because it was a car that was comfortable enough to go anywhere in and head enough room to take "Stuff" with us. I mean I loved my 32 coupe and the 29 RPU, but both of these were show quality cars (winners at the GNRS) that I always worried about more than I needed to, were uncomfortable for more than about an hour at a time and had no room when going away for the weekend or more.
    So I was looking for a 40, cuz, well, Hell who doesn't love a 40? But the more I started to look, I decided I wanted a 35-38 as 40's seem to be everywhere. I then started narrowing it down further and decided the 37, with the Beautiful Headlight style and first year of the filled roof and long trunk lid was what I wanted. So here's what I am having fun with now;
    [​IMG]

3. Yea what other bay is there?

I did a good portion of my growing up on Portrero Hill. I don't really have a home so I figure that the city is as good a place as any. :D

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Poor Ryan...no one told him '37s are ugly. He's young but GETS it. Planets align when you realize he's built similarly stunning cal bugs. Ever see this guys motorcycles?

Danny Brent warped me too. I think my favorite was the turquoise cabriolet he did. Yep, dry brush graphics and all...hahaha Seriously, take off the graphics, add some rubber running boards, maybe ditch the tweed interior. Point is, D.B. sat them just right and with cool wheels and tires... they were right on.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nah buddy, I'm keepin' the tweed on that one! 'Sides, it's too damn hot for vinyl or leather. Us arizonans need to have something to explain all the time anyway....

6. jimbousman

jimbousman

Funny how '37's used to be Ford's ugly stepsister. Now they are a pretty hot ride. So much so that almost ever fiberglass fat fendered phantom is based on it. Now if you want an really ugly puppy to love, try the '38 Standard.

Attached Files:

7. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Trying to make a deal with the owner of this 38 Club Coupe
    [​IMG]

8. A face only a mother could love.......:rolleyes:;):)

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Nobey

Nobey

Well said Mr. Louvers, well said......

10. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Exactly :D

11. Here is one in New Zealand.
    On display at the recent NZHRA 50th Anniversary Show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still looking for the ugly but can't see it.

34 GAZ and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

I've seen this one several times ... pictures truly don't do it justice.

I've had a soft spot for '37 Ford coupes since the mid-60's. A neighbor had one ... grey primer, dropped axle, nailhead power, bad-ass exhaust note. Made a believer out of me.

13. indianhead74

indianhead74

Cause of the '39-"40 like the sister that was nice look'in but her sister was beautiful. Indy

14. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

He's old man's '37 on here, car as it sits now, like the new look! oh yea, thats my dad:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  15. Always dug 37's.
    I belive the shortage of them is directly related to the stock car wars of prior times

16. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

Wish I still had this, 37s are one of my favorites.

17. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

Try again with photos

Attached Files:

BigO likes this.
  18. Normbc9

Normbc9

Here is one that has had an ample amount of love and it is beautiful!
    Normbc9

19. Normbc9

Normbc9

I'll try again.

Attached Files:

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That would be a Zephyr. Cousin maybe...

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

it kinda hard to explain, but I think I like the '37s (and the '38 standards) because they feel a bit smaller than a '40. I love '40s as well (especially standards), but when put on the proper rake and ride height, a '37 just feel soooo much smaller when you stand next to it. I know that physically the are basically are the same size and wheelbase, so maybe it's just me...

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

37's are beautiful cars, they can however fall into the wrong hands and be built inot hidious creations like these posted earlier. hope these are all fake.

[​IMG]

23. Glass "Phantoms"

24. DS1937

DS1937

I always liked 37's myself.

Attached Files:

25. arvonian

arvonian
    from Virginia

Same with the '38! I don't get it. Just pulled my '38 into the shop, and I'm thinking It'll look just as cool going down the road as any of them

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. How about some more love for the '37 Fords. Post up yours or your favorites.:)

27. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

28. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

29. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Man thats got to be rare, I had never seen one

Petejoe likes this.
  30. DannyBrent28Sedan

DannyBrent28Sedan

I have been talking to Danny Brent quite a bit, since I bought the 1928 2 Door Sedan. Danny told me that someone told him he ruined it for everyone else when he built one of his 1937 Fords. The guy said because of Danny prices on humpbacks would skyrocket!