Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features why do you love the hamb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdog, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Baldies

Baldies

It's the wealth of knowledge.
    The chop threads. Especially the chop threads.
    And the posts like this one;

2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

3. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, it isn't what it used to be, and as a HAMBer 1.0, I can assure you of that. It is both good and bad; the good was great, everyone knew everyone else and word was bond. The bad I remember was some of the rock-a-silly dramas, while entertaining, did not contribute much. Even so, I had lots of laughs reading Germ's posts, Mud, and Fecals the Clown, holy shit that was some funny stuff. You had to have been there to understand what is missing now. Ryan sucks.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    slammed and Steve Ray like this.
  4. Fecals the Clown, hell that's funny all by its self.

5. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

There is no other web site that has so much history, wealth of information, ideas tried proven or failed, sources of parts, sources of people with similar interest. greatest web site for our kind of rods.

6. Where the orca-bettys? Phuc mi? No, phuc yuuuuu.

Steve Ray likes this.
  7. Baldies

Baldies

Yeah, that was some interesting stuff, right there. A guy might wake up some morning and say; "Rainbow Prism Tape, I gotta get me some Rainbow Prism Tape." And in that instant, you know it's too late for you.

Steve Ray likes this.
  8. Preach it. I joined up fairly early during the Rodder's Round Table wars at Jay Carnine's suggestion. You have to include Stinky the Austin bum, Christian's shit chopper, and the low riding Hitler.

In the last couple of years I've become a lot less regular. A big part is life has just gotten crazy (kids are both in college so that should settle down...) but the other is that with the large numbers on the HAMB it isn't the tight knit group it used to be. Instead of feeling like I'm part of something I kinda feel anonymous. Yeah, I know..... I just need to jump back in.

9. Wow, hadn't heard from you for a while! Another blast from the past.

10. trimph1

trimph1

For me it is the wealth of knowledge here. After getting waylaid by both cancer and CHF I finally can get back to this fine group of people.

11. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

I still think you're a badass...

12. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a concrete example : I asked about how a floor shift conversion for a shoebox Ford with overdrive worked (getting around the OD solenoid). Not only did I get a lot of good information (with pictures), but I got in contact with a member who had the proper new, in the box Fenton shifter for my application for a super price. Solved my problem 100%.

13. Means a lot!!! Thanks!

14. The Knowbodys

The Knowbodys
    Knumber One In Your Hearts

We are the Knowbodys. We are from Knowhere. We still like it that way.

15. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

A lot of knowledge and tech info,im new to this hobby and not a mechanic.each time im blocked or don t know how im gonna resolve the problem, just do a little search and i find the answer!
    Thanks hamb!

16. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't forget the cheesegrater, lol.

17. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I like sharing knowledge with others, meeting new car people, and the humor on the HAMB

18. dudley32

dudley32

I haven't been here as long as some of you...but I have been on many forums, mostly cars and bikes.
    The HAMB may not be what it used to be (or so they say), but it stands proudly as one, if not the best forums, on the internet. The HAMB is what you make it...and that's why I love it...dudley

Tony Martino likes this.
  19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Goes good with eggs and toast.

20. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mercins and crème filled jaffas. lol
    It was a different HAMB, don't judge....
    nakednads_.jpg