Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Why do you like Ford, Chevy, Dodge,etc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Well said!

Bones

Joe Travers likes this.
  2. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Yes he did. Read my post, #183.

Bones

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  3. I know THIS is O.T. but I agree, I always thought that whoever the group was that styled (?) the Pontiac Aztec then APPROVED it for production was SMOKIN SOME WEIRD SHIT!

427 sleeper, Boneyard51 and Deuces like this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

....or the chevy pickup with what looked like sail panels behind the cab....:confused:
    You call that styling????....o_O:rolleyes:

427 sleeper and Boneyard51 like this.
  5. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are a variety of Documentary's about Fords experiment known as " FORDLANDIA ", look that up and be amazed at how the nomenclature of rubber trees, had the last word on that particular experiment !
    fordlandia-3[6].jpg

6. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

You mean this one? E09775C0-769E-42A2-B83C-6E2C1A205746.jpeg

41 GMC K-18 and Deuces like this.
  7. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

Two sides to every coin :p Where did the Mopar guys run off to??? :D
    Haha!

Joe

8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Not every venture works! You should see all the weird engines Henry tried back in the day. They are stored at Ford in Dearborn.

Bones

9. Deuces

Deuces

No.... I was yaking about the newer 90ish models... Or the early 2000s.... The ones with the fake role bars... That^^^^^there is a nice pickup...:)

Boneyard51 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  10. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

Henry's business model and inventions were highly innovative for the times. He was a genius. Keeping it all in context, you can't compare the Industrial Revolution to the Space Age.

Joe

11. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"MOPAR" appreciated here !

MOPAR DUCT TAPE.JPG

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

13. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Ok, gothcha! I was kinda wondering! I’m a dyed in the wool Ford guy, but I really like my friends Cameo! It is pristine!

Bones

Deuces likes this.
  14. Because CHEVYS rule and fords drool !

To quote your own quote

"We here don't yak about the newer ones....:rolleyes:"

15. Mopar guys are still here .
    Just reading the Ford,,,Chevy,,,,,Ford ,,,,Chevy,,,,,waiting for the fist fight .
    LoL.

Tommy

16. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah, I know.... My bad..:rolleyes:

Boneyard51 likes this.
  17. I like them ALL. I really have a soft spot for dead makes.

Blues4U, blue 49, Boneyard51 and 3 others like this.
  18. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I'm actually pretty disappointed this hasn't devolved into that yet. Most Chevy Ford threads would by now. Yall are slippin! Lol.

Blues4U and Boneyard51 like this.
  19. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

From the Henry Ford.org website...
    Screenshot_20211103-090438_Samsung Notes.jpg

20. George

George

My Dad was a Ford guy, I've flip flopped back in forth between Ford and Mopars. My 1st car was a '64 Malibu, a POS. Where 90% of rods have a Chevy in them I'm just sick to death of seeing them. Boring, use some imagination & put something else in..

21. 4tford

4tford

Grew up in a GM family but first car was a 55 Ford. I've had them all but when my career took me to AMC then Chrysler that changed I drove the cars my company produced.. Muscle cars I had GM GTO, 63 Corvette, 66 Chevy Chevelle and 70 Camaro. Right now in my barn 40 Ford, 63 Dodge 440, and a 70 Chevelle. Daily driver is 2018 Dodge Charger.

nosford, 41 GMC K-18 and Boneyard51 like this.
  22. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I don't understand how anyone can be brand loyal to the point that they don't like anything beyond the offerings of that company or even why they would feel that way.

It's usually the Ford vs Chevy debate, and you always hear the yokel saying something to the effect of "Chevy sucks" or "Ford sucks" as if a 327 or 302 grew arms and legs, walked into their house, banged their wife and kicked their dog. But when pressed what specifically sucks about whatever brand that individual dislikes, it's usually some nonsensical answer, which is usually where I cut the conversation off. With all the division in our country lately, the last thing we need to be debating is Ford vs Chevy vs Mopar, etc., hot rods vs customs, or whatever. There were good and bad offerings from pretty much everyone, from engines and transmissions, to body styling. Appreciation for all of it is the variety that is the spice of life.

23. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I've owned Ford, Chevy & Chrysler products. I had a 56 Chevy that I loved, 283, 4 speed, posi-rearend, 57 chevy w/ 283- 3speed, 74 Chevelle, lots of chevy trucks. Had a 64 Dodge Dart 4-speed, 215 slant 6 that I loved as well. That little car would shit & get. Also had a 74 Plymouth Duster, 6 cyl. auto. Decent car. After that I started noticing all the plastic crap all over the interior & stopped buying Chrysler products. I've owned about 4 Ford vehicles & got rid of every one within a year. I never had any luck with a Ford product, up until buying my wife's 2012 Ford Escape. It has been an excellent vehicle. The 70's era trucks I owned all had engine problems. Over all, I'm a Chevy man at heart. My Chevies are dependable, they last me a long time. I've had a 95 & 98 Chevy S-10 that have lasted me over 20 years. I'd probably still have the 95 if I hadn't given it to my son. My 98 currently has 118,000 miles on it, & at the age of 73 doesn't get driven but on small trips. It has a 4.3 engine, W/ auto.-overdrive & runs great. The only problem I've ever had with it is changing the back plug on both sides. You have to take your front tires off, & come through the fender wells, with an extension & a swivel at the socket. If you try to change that plug any other way, your going to cut cuts, and busted knuckles like crazy. It's Chevy all the way for me.

41 GMC K-18, Boneyard51 and Deuces like this.
  24. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

FoMoCo & Mopar were the guys duking it out on the strip. GM dropped out. :rolleyes:
    ..........here in the nation they call us the 'civilized tribe' - Chief Dan George :D
    Bingo! I love the styling of the Space Age fin cars, all makes. They remind me of my youth and very fond memories. As far as preference, grew up wrenching on Fords, so I stuck with what I know best.

Joe

25. LOL I like them all mostly because I like American cars.

Most of the time I own GM vehicles. But I have been known to own a Ford or a Dodge from time to time.

What I really like more than any other thing is what I have. It is only cool because it is mine and then more often than not it is only cool to me. If I don't think it is cool I don't own it very long.

26. RmK57

RmK57

Mopar guys are still here .
    Just reading the Ford,,,Chevy,,,,,Ford ,,,,Chevy,,,,,waiting for the fist fight .
    LoL.
    FoMoCo & Mopar were the guys duking it out on the strip. GM dropped out. :rolleyes:

The GM racing ban of 1963. What a load of BS. The parts were still being developed and sold through or given away to drag teams, Trans-Am teams out the back door.

27. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

Truth. I'm thinking about the rivalries we had street racing in '70s. Oddly enough, I was always racing Mopar guys.
    Fun memories. No $$ involved 'cause we were all broke. Just friendly bragging rights until the following weekend :)

Joe

Tickety Boo, loudbang, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  28. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I have enjoyed the Chevy vs Ford vs MoPar thing all my life! While I was somewhat serious in my youth, I have grown since then! My neighbor and very good friend is a Chevy man. Myself and our mutual friend are Ford guys! I cannot imagine life without this fun! But….. it has to stay fun! FUN!!
    While I am pro Ford, I can appreciate a good Chevy or MoPar…..even if they are few and far between! See….. you guys have got me doing it again!

Bones

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  29. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

See above!, Joe I meant to tag you on this post!

Bones

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    57JoeFoMoPar and Joe Travers like this.
  30. When I was a kid I was Mister Ford. Chebbys were out of my price range and I could make anything fast. Sometimes not fast enough but faster than Henry imagined.

I think that when I got older I liked to drive Chebbys because it irked my Ol' Man. For some reason he did not like Chebbys. He used to say if you owned a Chebby you better own a Ford so you would have something to drag it to the shop with. :D

In my mind you can make anything go fast. Some things take a little more work and/or dollars. I do like to watch the purists argue though. devilish.png

Deuces, Boneyard51 and Tickety Boo like this.