Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do some threads just disappear?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Offset, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

This morning I was reading with great interest a thread from a poster in England about a Ford engine he thought may have historical importance. The thought was it that perhaps Gurney Westlake had a hand in it and its foundation may have been a Y block. I think the tread was from 2008 or 2010 (could be wrong).

He was off to get pictures of it from its storage place in some friends garage. I went from page 2 to page 3 (of 4 total) and a message came up saying that it was invalid. And poof, just like that it was gone. Someone must have posted on it recently for it to have popped to the top. I tried the search function to no avail.

This has happened before and I could not understand any reason for a deletion of the thread. Anyone have any suggestions as to why this is?:)

2. squirrel

squirrel

The hamb works in strange and mysterious ways, and it's best not to question them.

btw this thread will probably get moved to a different forum, too

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Could be the mods didn't think the post was relevant to "traditional hot rods" and simply deleted it...

R-

4. I think that sometimes they get deleted and others time they just get lost in cybor space.

A couple of years ago there was a thread with a lot of heated discussion, no name calling just good discussion. I left and came back and it was gone, I figured that it got deleted. Then the next day I was searching to find a post I did from the day before and there is was again. Shazaaaam.

This thread by the way will probably end up in questions and suggestions.

5. Aliens ate it.

6. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

yeah, right....if that was true 90 percent of the threads would disappear

7. roundvalley

roundvalley

Bring back the Dewey Decimal system. Much more Trad!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011