Register now to get rid of these ads!

WHY do people insist on hiding car parts on CARS?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jan 13, 2011.

1. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

Your sarcasm proves my point... thanks

2. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I'm usually a fan of mechanical looking items, but I have to appreciate all the work that went into that, if anyone asks why? just tell em, because I can and it's different.
    remember you can use soemthing like an odyssey battery, no outgassing or leaks, I have mine in a toolbox bolted to the floor behind the passenger seat, battery, hold down, breaker, voltmeter etc right in the box

I'm working on an older one now, the main reason is to remove excess unused wiring, car came factory with a horrible computer controlled carburetor and 40000000 wires and vacuum lines, all that is now gone, so I don't want unused plugs and crap all over the engine, myself I solder everything properly, use heat shrink, grommets etc, but I have seen some horrible jobs done by people who don't know the first thing about wiring, even seen ones with the wires twisted together and duct taped over, talk about electrical problems in the future.

I've been working in the aircraft industry for a long time too, and I understand exactly where you are coming from, an airplane is built for pure function and reliability, it's a good model to build a car off of, everything is routed the way it is for a reason,

3. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Oops! Wrong thread! Had a whole essay on another topic ...

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Boy, Bass' timing couldn't have been better. Can you believe it??!! Left the regulator out there NEKKED!!! The HORROR! Get a plastic cover over that, STAT!:D

Attached Files:

5. Moondog13

Moondog13

Wowza! I need to see this thing in person! :D