Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do men call cars with women"s name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big bad john, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Disney made about four movies with a car using that name... Herbie... And the reason you call your car by a girls name is those movies stop being cool when you hit puberty and realize you don't want to climb inside of, or be all intimate with the parts of, a guy.

I understand, too, after the last one it's the first recorded case in history of a car needing repairs from getting crotch rot.

FWIW, I've known at least one girl who referred to her car as a "he" so I guess it works both ways. I suppose if she sells it to a dude, the car gets a sex change.

Then there's when someone refers to their truck by a female name, then hangs a set of truck nuts on the back. Not sure I want to know how that one works.

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Can't be. None of my cars were ever named Ugly Broad With No Teeth....:eek::D

3. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

hahahahahha, next time you see one of those, remember they call one of those obnoxious loud gay guys a "hot rod" , so better to have a female name to avoid any confusion, lol. i guess if those are hanging off the back of a car it would have to have a guys name. Of course it could be named after rosanne, everyone knows she grew a pair herself.:D

4. Energy

Energy

In a chat room I'm in, there's a woman from Colo, and we love to tease/torment each other. One time I'm telling the room about putting the floors in my el camino, and mentioned that I now have a double hump trans crossmember too. She immediately says that I do NOT have an elco, it must be a camel, cause I just admitted it has 2 humps. So now I am occassionally asked "how's the camel coming?"

:p

5. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

don't want to be in something with nuts behind you!!!:eek:

6. StuntmanJames

StuntmanJames
    from Denton Tx

My Lincoln is named Charlotte... and my lady doesnt call her by anything else! Named after the female knight character from samarai showdown(old video game) Since the lincoln has a knight theme to it!

7. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

yes, I think alot of history is involved with cars having female names. straight back to henry's Tin lizzie. I don't think a project car can have a name. I think a car has to develop it's own name after it's built during use.

asside from that my first car was an old chevy cavelier charcoal grey with dark blue fender hood and bumper. I affectionately called that one guano. Everyone who heard me call it by name thought it fit perfectly.

Just my opinion but I think most of the cold war is caused by the way we named our vehicles. during WWII the Russians were the only allied power that named their fighting machines (all of them!) after MEN! they still do to this day. ships, submarines, planes, tanks all with blasphemous men's names. I always knew there was something strange about those crazy ruskies......

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

suppressed homosexuality?..hey just a thought, dont lynch me

i dont name my cars..they are what they are

9. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

ah ah! Too funny dude!

As for my pile i refer to it as The Italian Job, but my girlfreind calls her Deborah....serious!
    Go figure!:confused:

10. BigRy

BigRy
    from colorado

I must be one of the the few who do not name cars. I call them all P.O.S.'s when they are a pain.

11. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Aha. Got it. As in "Mrs. Jones, the interior installer on the assembly line"?

12. Same as sailors they don't want anyone to know they are gay.

13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

My T Roadster got named 'The Peter Beater'. Don't ask....

14. They are all called women's names because when they get hot they leak fluid all over the place.

15. 067chevy

067chevy

How right you are!

16. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Bryan LOL!

17. KSLeadslinger

KSLeadslinger

I always gave them nicknames..."the green dragon", "party barge", "claymore"(after the explosive device)...you get the picture i'm sure...

18. Road Runner

Road Runner

I feel awkward quoting you, man, but I concur. :D