Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Why do I need another project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55pack, Mar 25, 2019.

1. 55pack

55pack

He we go again! I know I’m not the traditional “hot rod” or “custom” guy, I have a love for orphans with all their original parts. The next project is a 1955 Studebaker President. This baby hasn’t ran since the mid 90s per the previous owner, but hey my friend and I might be the right guys to do it. We finally have the 55’ Packard Panama back on the road and this (we hope) should be the next project on the road!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

55 Clipper
    55 Patrican
    55 Panama
    (Packard)

2. squirrel

squirrel

I need a Packard or a large Stude to take a road trip this fall....so yeah, I totally understand why you had to get that one.

chryslerfan55 and Bearcat_V8 like this.
  3. railcarmover

railcarmover

4. Because studes need love too.

5. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

Cool, another Stude back on the road. I saw that car for sale on CL.
    Funny thing about the 1955 Stude President sedan, there were only 1100 or so made but I think 2500 have survived! Seriously, you can surf around CL any given time and you will find (at least) one for sale some where in this country.
    I think the reason for the incredible survival rate is the Detroit Gear 250 transmission. That trans has a fatal flaw with it's lock-up converter/mainshaft. I think all of these cars got parked with a bad trans before they were used up. You will not likely find anyone who will work on that transmission. You can find a shop to rebuild a Packard Ultra-matic but not a DG-250. The solution to the trans problem is to find yourself a rusty Y-body Lark and steal the B-W Flight-o-matic trans and driveshaft from it.
    It your motor is not stuck, it will probably run. If it is stuck, it probably doesn't need anything more than rings and a valve job.
    Hang on to that WCFB carb, they are like gold these days.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

We all need another project! It’s what keeps us going!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Old cars are a lot like stray puppies.......you don't really go looking for them, but when you see one you think "oh he is so cute, I think I need to save him".
    So yeah, we all totally understand. Thanks for saving it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.