Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why are you working on you latest project ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by New Old Fart, Mar 16, 2009.

1. New Old Fart

New Old Fart

Curious if your latest project picked you or you picked it, and what is it ?
    My latest is a '49 Chevy P/U because I had a '51 30 years ago and wished I never sold it. I always loved those AD trucks lowered way down but still drivable.

2. retromotors

retromotors

My latest is a Rambler Ambassador Cross Country wagon .... mainly 'cause I'm fruit for anything different!

Here's it's ugly self!:eek:

Attached Files:

3. 31 Chevy Roadster because I couldn't afford a Brookville so that I could be like everyone else.

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

My latest project is updating and remodeling the house so my time and money spent on my next car project wont seem to be needed elsewhere.
    I hope:(...........:D

5. mr.smith

mr.smith

my latest is a 27 t coupe,
    guess i picked it, just wanted to try something different not the standard '32 five window although they are nice!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  6. Ghost28

Ghost28

As with most cars I get they come up in conversation. You know: Hey I like your car and I have an old one out back want to take a look. Usually find out how much they want for it. And then pass the info to all my friends most the time no one jumps on it. So I file it in the back of my head until I need another project. And go back and make a counter offer if it is still there. That's how I ended up with my 28 coach that I am building now and quite a few others. Normally my friends don't want the challenge of building what I like. But at least I give them a chance. So in answer to your question I guess they find me...ghost

Attached Files:

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Ive been wanting an old panel truck for the business and ran across a solid 50 Chev Panel Wagon on CL. It turned out to be only 9 miles from me. Guess it ment to be.

Attached Files:

8. scooterseats

scooterseats
    from East Texas

I definitely picked my current project. I bought this 1939 Ford Standard Model Coupe in 1965 and have owned it ever since. I drove it through High School and the first couple of semesters to college. It has been kept and driven ocassionally ever since. I am now putting this car back to it's original glory with a few vintage modifications mostly for looks rather than for performance.

9. 54metalman

54metalman

Working on my 53 chev 2dr and the 48 gmc. Trying to get them ready to drive 1900 mile to Kansas. Low and slow in the 53 and pray the jimmy just makes it.

10. Bphotrod

Bphotrod
    from da U.P.

Was looking for an A coupe, put an ad in the local paper and this followed me home.
    [​IMG]
    Hope to be on the road this summer.

11. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Workin on mine because it got smasheded

12. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Because I have some nasty diseases I can't shake. The Fn car calls my name constantly: come sit in me drive me, try to break somthing on and on like that. Or it could be my mental illness.

13. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

Starting an event only ice cream business. Been working on this off and on for three years now. Should finish it in a few months. I found 2 of my Divcos in Southern Washington near the Columbia River.

Attached Files:

14. My latest project is to clean up and drive the wheels off of a '55 F-100 I've been after for the better part of a decade. The PO stopped driving it a few years ago when the ignition shot it's wad so it sat untill I got word. I can defiantly say it chose me. The first time I saw it years ago it just spoke to me. I knew it was my truck. It isn’t pretty and it needs a lot to meet it's potential but you know, sometimes you just fall in love.

15. was looking for a 30's more door Mopar for the next project, but saw a chopped dodge truck and the creative juices started flowing. found a nice stock one, brought it home and the wife says "you ARE building that for me aren't you?" got a long ways to go to finish, but it's coming along good. And, yes, it's hers.

Attached Files:

16. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Cooooooooool! Love those divco's! Littleman has one on here if i remember correctly. Do a search. It's really cool.

17. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

Well my latest project is a 1967 Chrysler 300 440(375 horse) 727 auto.

[​IMG]

18. firingorder1

firingorder1

My latest project had been rattling around in my head for a long time so much so it made me do something about it. Trying to have it ready for El Mirage in May.

[​IMG][/IMG]

19. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

My latest project I just finished. It's a '63 GMC and it just kinda fell in my lap. I decided to see how fast I could do a complete build just to see how fast I could do it. I had it done in 15 days. It was complete when I got it, then it turned into two bare framerails. Then drove out of the shop 15 days later with a new mill and entirely fabricated suspension and chassis. Look for my thread called "let the hating begin to get the full scoop on the extent of the 15 day build. It was draining!!!

20. retromotors

retromotors

Hmmmm ...... way cool!
    Royal Enfield 350 or 500 ..... right?
    Judging from the background, it's probably a British-built one, too.

21. firingorder1

firingorder1

Its a Weslake 500 speedway engine from the early 80s. The Norton also has a Weslake 500 but it is from the mid 70s. Proud to say its an El Mirage and Bonneville record holder. Hope the sidecar will too.

22. Just picked up a '53 Chevy in a trade... never been a huge fan of 'em but I'm liking them m ore. :)

Attached Files:

23. Lightning

Lightning
    from N. Nevada

Who's going to be the monkey ? - Ha Ha - and no I'm not offering - Good looking rig!!

24. firingorder1

firingorder1

No human monkeys allowed. The monkey will be a large car battery.

[​IMG][/IMG]

25. retromotors

retromotors

Yeah ... my bad.

I shouda noticed the lack of finning ... takes an alky burner to get away with that for long!
    OK, I'm outta here lest I be accused of hijacking the thread.

26. Bull

Bull

My 30 A Tudor helped save my life and I could have lost my life in my 31 A Tudor.

The 30 helped me survive my battle with cancer. It has been named "Survivor." I was hit head on by a careless driver in the 31 last summer and it deserves to be resurrected. It has been named "Resurrection."

27. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

I am working on a 55 chevy first series truck.The truck has been in the family since new and was completely restored until my father t-boned a dodge magnum.The only thing left body wise from the truck is the cab and bed.My 13 year old son wants to drive it to Highschool as a..... how should I put this..fenderless truck.We are going to try to build it with parts that are lying around my fathers house.We have a 425 nailhead and 4 speed,a late 50s pontiac rearend,the grill shell is from a 29 Buick,30 chevy headlights so far.I got a complete 37 ford front end from a friend for free and I bought F1 brake set up from a hamber.I probably will not post pictures as I am not a fan of the "keyboard critics" coments.I like the grill shell and headlights because they are big like the cab.

28. fenian65

fenian65

god that looks fun

29. ...well....it is my latest project...just sorta stumbled onto it.
    [​IMG]

30. trmel3

trmel3
    from new jersey

my latest is a 1916 stude pheaton but yes i also have a love for a/d chevy truck. when these are done i can move on to the a coupe