Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Why am I an Alliance Member?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobwop, Oct 4, 2017.

1. I usually throw it out when I'm about to get beat up or beat down....some times it helps.....

2. I've been an Alliance Member for about 30 minutes now, seemed like the right thing to do!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  3. Hell everone else was so.. Its a great place to meet woman.... :D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. It's simple, I support things that are important to me.

5. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

As a younger guy with only street rods to go off of around here, I use this site to learn about a whole other world of Hot rods and Kustoms. I have learned a lot and been greatly influenced in what I like based off of what I have seen here. We have used the Classifieds to buy a few cars and a bunch of parts that help us with our builds we do in the shop. The Discounts are not the reason to do the Alliance thing but are a nice incentive. I actually get deeper discounts from a lot of the suppliers already, but the Support and info I have gathered here are easily worth $50.00. Thanks Ryan and your whole team for this excellent site and opening the eyes of a younger guy to the world of Traditional Hot Rods.

41 GMC K-18, Bam.inc, TomT and 3 others like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What the Hamb represents is where my meandering mind revolves and the membership here make this place what it is completing the niche package. I am proud to support the Hamb.

41 GMC K-18 and bobwop like this.
  7. pumpman

pumpman

When I first became an Alliance member I thought it was the right thing to do. I got so much out of this place, humor, great info, and back then drama. Not so much drama now, I guess we're growing up or just maybe slowing down. But this place just keeps on going just like that freaking bunny. Thanks Boss and your gang for a place to hang and have a good time.

Bobwop well said.

41 GMC K-18, Denns1989 and bobwop like this.
  8. midroad

midroad

$1 a week for the information on here and entertainment provided. I'm in Australia but we get some discounts here too. This is the only forum I'm on because it's the only sensible one I've found.

9. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do it because I use the forum to learn things and sell parts. I don't know why everybody is not an Alliance member.

10. I have dropped over $50 In magazine subscriptions sense I joined. I get to see what people are building instead of who paid the most to have their car built. I found this site about 12 years ago, became an alliance member a little while after that. For me this is the best run site out there.
    Thanks for all the hard work in keeping it on track and non political.
    Thanks
    George

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Denns1989 likes this.
  11. Great Thread bobwop! There are many perks here on the HAMB. Just the people you meet and friends you make is priceless. I know you don't need to be an Alliance Member to do that but it more about support and appreciation.
    And it is the only site that I don't have to deal with slow performance and junk adds. Thanks Ryan!

12. I've been a member since 2004, and signed up and renewed my Alliance membership whenever I could (2006, 2007, 2014, 2016-2017, and current). I plan to renew every year from here on out to show my support. So far the Alliance membership did help me to be able to grab this 1 of 100 HAMB shift knob #41 :)

100_4251.JPG

13. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I am because I think I should be.

14. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems to me that the cost of the Alliance membership is cheap when you consider the cost to run the website non stop and all the information that we as members have access to. I have no magazine subscriptions any more but used to get 3 or 4 a year, so to me its a replacement for that and worth it. I too have saved some money when I bought my tires from Coker.

Denns1989, bobwop and Scooterville like this.
  15. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This thread needs to come back to the top. Learned about this place from Charlie (@Gene's Hot Rod Parts) and it seemed like a good idea. I've been an Alliance Member for almost as long as I've known about it which is 6 years I think. Through the HAMB, I've learned to do things I never would have thought possible and seen how what I consider to be masters of their craft accomplish the things they do. I joined this group because it was not only the right thing to do but because of all I get from it.

16. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thought I'd check in again since this post is back up. Since joining I've used the discount form Eaton Springs and Rusty at Speedometer Service and maybe a few others. CRS is a real drag. Regardless of the discounts from vendors the annual fee is well worth it to help keep the lights on. IMO.

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I’ve used my Alliance membership a couple times during all the years I’ve been a member.
    It’s worth the $50 bucks to support what the HAMB means to all of us.
    Friendship support and help along with entertainment too.

18. Small price to pay for my appreciation for help or answers to any questions I have, hours of entertainment, and pics of bitchin’ rides!

19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some shit happened and I wasn't around for a while. I'm about 8 years behind on payments!
    But the HAMB is important to me. So red letters under my name again coming up.

20. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Especially, all the cool build threads... :D;)

21. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Money has no value, unless it's spent!
    The annual $50.00 for the alliance membership, is good value for your money!
    No other website I have encountered, has so many cool categories to be interested in or to contribute to.
    To help keep the quality high, a bit of money each year, towards a good cause, is just good common sense!
    Thanks from Dennis !
    drink hamb.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  22. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It ain't for the discounts.....at least not for me. As someone said, it's worth $50 to keep the lights on.

23. Surely would like to see the "brokers" selling multiple cars on here join the Alliance. I would feel awfully guilty if I were sucking up the benefits of free ads without at least putting out the measly $50 to join. You guys know who you are.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    Sancho, engine138, old chevy and 10 others like this.
  24. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I joined for the medical benefits and the 401k

Sancho, MRW1994, partsdawg and 9 others like this.
  25. I need to renew! :oops:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. Budget36

Budget36

Wait! You got medical?

Bandit Billy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah but is just major medical and that consists of @Moriarity with a dull hack saw and a pint of whiskey. I hear the rest of the guys can be treated but it's BYOB.

Reminds me a story I heard and have been guilty of repeating on occasions such as this. An elderly woman (a wealth patron of the hospital) was touring a ward and peaked in through a patient room door left ajar. She was disturbed to find the man on the edge of his bed pleasuring himself, She gasped "what kind of place do you run here?" The attending physician told her that the patient has a rare disease and he must do so every few hours or he may die. She nodded with understanding and continued her tour of the floor.

She peaked into another room down the hall and there she saw a female nurse pleasuring another male patient. She exclaimed "and what of this?" The doctor replied "same condition, better insurance".

Sancho, e1956v, Speedy Canuck and 9 others like this.
  28. ken bogren

ken bogren

A month or so ago I opened my new Motor Trend magazine. A quick flip thru it and I went back to look at the cover to make sure I was reading what I thought I was reading.

When I come here I don't have to wonder what I'm reading.

Besides, where else can you get this much info and entertainment for $50.00 a year?

29. I joined the alliance in 2006 to help support the best damn site on the internet and 16 years later I still feel the same way! HRP

30. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for reminding me to reup.

alanp561 and lothiandon1940 like this.