Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why a wagon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheRookie, Oct 17, 2007.

1. TheRookie

TheRookie
    from Sparks NV

Here is the deal folks! I gotta 1961 Chevy Parkwood. I am lookin at replacein the body bushings. I have not found anyone who makes em' for a wagon, only two doors(go figure). First will those bushings fit? If so what do I do to replace the others? Any help would be rad, Thanx.

2. tommy v

tommy v

count the body mounts ,2 and 4 doors have 8, the conv. have 10 , maybe the converible mount kit will work,the bushing sould be the same,call classic industries 1 800 854-1280 there in huntington beach

3. Abomination

Abomination

Hopefully you won't have to pull one and compare.

You'd think that GM would save a buck or two and place a couple of huge orders for these for all their plants...

4. TheRookie

TheRookie
    from Sparks NV

Thanx, I'm on it!

5. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

rookie. please post up what you find out about this.

thanks

6. TheRookie

TheRookie
    from Sparks NV

In case anyone is still curious I could not find any concrete info regarding this matter. So being impatient I ordered the convertible body bushing and hardware kit. It comes with 12 upper bushings and 12 lower bushings. Not sure whats gonna happen? But I sure as shit know that I will make it work. I will start a new thread when I jump into the project.