Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Whose posts do you always read?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, Mar 27, 2021.

1. I ALWAYS check out Swade41's posts. There's something magnetic about them.....

2. atch

atch

I just came across a perfect example of what I meant when I started this thread.

I have no particular interest (at this time anyway) in parking lights, but when I saw "A PARKING LIGHTS PROGRESS" was posted by flynbrian48 I opened it anyway because I always find his posts to be instructional or informative or interesting.

There are about twenty members here who, for me, fit this same mold. In alphabetical order some of these are: Mart, Marty Strode, porknbeaner, SamIyam, squirrel, straykatkustoms, Tman, etc. There are about ten or fifteen more but you get the idea. Most of the times I read posts because I expect to find excellent technical ideas or information. Sometimes because I find that person's posts to be entertaining. Sometimes I know a poster personally and am interested in what he/she has to say.

Please note that about 99% of the time I read posts because I'm interested in the subject in the title. Most of what these folks post fall into that category anyway. It's these other posts that I read just because the poster name catches my eye that I'm referring to in this thread. I despise fishing, but if one of these guys posted about fishing I'd read it just to find out what they have in mind.

3. bchctybob

bchctybob

Yup, me too. I get straps, tools chains, all kinds of crap. And I scrounge every fastener and fitting from everything before it goes in the trash or to the dump. Learned it from my Dad.
    HRP, sounds like we are the same age. I loved Dean's PU when it was on the cover of HRM and I got to see it at the Pomona Drags a few times - a teenager's dream come true!

4. rusty valley

rusty valley

RICH B usually tells it like it is. his kid TITUS too, but we seldom hear from him these days

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  5. 61SuperMonza

61SuperMonza

I haven't been here long, so generally I just look for topics I'm interested in. Some are ones I can add to and give advice and others are ones i hope to learn from.
    I won't mention anyone in particular, but I see alot of the same HAMBers is the threads I read.
    I do like the picture threads as well.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  6. I look at build threads (which are getting few and far between.),history threads, and vintage hot rod, circle track, drag race photo threads.

I am not here for the "What color are your white walls?" threads.

swade41 and clem like this.
  7. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Hum, Ryan posted about Green car's with his thread Go Green.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/go-green.1224382/

And Loudbang posted about about,, let's see some red cars.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/lets-see-some-red-hot-rods.1221831/

Or Stevie Nash, let's see some black car's with orange rim's.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/lets-see-some-black-cars-with-orange-rims.557295/

Or HRP, Yellow Hot Rods
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum... some notable members, including the head man.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  8. 296ardun

296ardun

Rich Fox, Dean Lowe, Marty Strode, Loudbang (sorry about his losing his son), Stodgy, Ryan, PorknBeaner, Jiv'n Jer..Doug Hayes (Mazooma), JNaki --used to read so many from those either gone (Rick Finch, Don Montgomery, Bruce Lancaster, etc.) or haven't posted in a while but started some enduring threads (RoyalShifter). I've seen a lot of folks go since 2009.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  9. clem

clem

yes, - agreed and the beauty of these threads is that you can get some ideas for your own car and style without having to ask @themoose to photoshop it for you !

10. 6sally6

6sally6

Usually Southcross.....................HRP
    6sally6

11. atch

atch

I suppose that I should have better described what I meant in my first post. I've seen several in the last month that fit what I mean.

There are posts that have some (but marginal) interest to me but when I saw the poster's name I opened them anyway to see what the poster had to say. 296ardun mentioned some of the folks I mean, but there are others also.

Of those gone before us I nearly always read anything that C9, Bruce Lancaster, or BobK posted. I knew that regardless of the post title that I would read something either interesting or technically useful when I opened any thread by those guys. I usually included Tommy's posts too.

We don't see much fiction posted any more, but I used to read most of them. fathack comes to mind, but there were others also. I think that I have read every story that C9 ever posted and reread many of them.

You also knew that if there was a travel narrative by Denise (hrlc) or BobK that you'd be missing out on something good if you didn't read it.

12. I get several pm's about the magnetism, 99% good morale boosting but that 1% ha ha

Screenshot_20210424-105554_Chrome.jpg

13. TOMMAY

TOMMAY
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from MOBILE,AL

I've read that Hotrodprimer guys posts for so long I feel like he'a an old friend. ;)

loudbang likes this.
  14. I would always read Germs posts back in the day. It was like reading a Hunter S. Thompson book

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. goldmountain

goldmountain

I always read 56sedandelivery's posts because I can't see the pictures.

anthony myrick and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I miss Falcongeorge's posts, he and @squirrel are (were):rolleyes: two of the more knowledgeable people on this board.

17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I don't follow any particular member's posts, and I often don't open a large majority of threads. I do subscribe to some builds that caught my eye and I enjoyed the builds. But I peruse the general topics and if the title doesn't interest me I pass, regardless of who started the topic.

18. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

The man, the myth, the legend, the Mad Fabricator's celebrity, ; Moriarty.

Stogy, loudbang, Speed Gems and 3 others like this.
  19. George pushed his luck with Ryan and got banned, he then went to Hot Rod Craft and was well received and one day he decided he just didn't want a internet presence and deleted his account, obviously he changed his email because I can't contact him anymore. HRP

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  20. I miss Tfeverfred, he just dropped of the face of the earth. HRP

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  21. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will always read anthony myrick. The posts usually have to do with young people that are learning and, one day, have a money making trade. This is opposed to the daily dose of some shit head shooting someone in a street robbery that is "news" anymore. Keep up the good work, Anthony

22. Must be his avatar.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

23. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

lonejacklarry's avatar is no slouch either...

24. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had the choice of using my wife's big rear end, or the Cabrio's big rear end for my avatar...I think I made the right choice:eek:;)

25. yep, there are a bunch of guys, that if I see them post, I know it won't be a waste of time reading their posts. Some for wise input, some for clever banter, some for a"different" view, some just to see support what an arrogant asshole they are.

loudbang likes this.
  26. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Ain't that the truth.

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  27. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Are you talking about me? I know it won't be a waste of time reading their posts. Some for wise input, some for clever banter, some for a"different" view, some just to see support what an arrogant asshole they are.

I can relate.

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  28. patterg2003

patterg2003

I scan the posts back to where I had ended a day or two go. Look at the subject, who started the thread and if the same person makes a post to his thread then I will check it out if it is a topic of interest. I scan the page and hit control and select it with the mouse so it opens a separate tab and may have 20 tabs open that I go back an look at. It is faster than opening and closing individual threads. I am a speed read to I go to the tail end of the posts and blitz through the updates. The system takes less time for me. I have learned overtime who are the knowledgeable ones and will check their comments to a thread of interest. Any thread with good fabrication catches my interest as that is a good place to learn. To list all the posters, great fabricators and masters of wisdom would be a long list. With sadness some of the good ones like Bruce Lancaster have joined the Emeritus status too early. The diversity of wisdom and knowledge across the HAMB family is incredible. Google any subject on an old car and odds are that it lists items on the HAMB. Senior members lean in to help and have a healthy contribution or debate that benefits the new guys as well as all of us. There are a couple angry ones that blow snot at others but have learned to skip that tiny few. The HAMB makes my day and then off to my real world. Hats off to everyone on the HAMB.

Hamtown Al, Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  29. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Working on the highway does have its little advantages, especially when first starting the job and the pickings are fresh lol. Many times I could get loose on the grader at first before bringing in a full crew, and when stripping grass, all kinds of treasure pops out- number one is transport chains that drivers past left on the ground- you wouldn't believe how many certified chains I have. Another is the short-handled sledgehammers that the temp fence guys use and lose. The road signs are usually put up with 5/16 or 3/8 hardware, and lots get dumped on the ground. Bungies, hubcaps, driveshafts, road signs I got paid to take down and dispose of, on and on. Lots of bottles- I did a couple jobs in downtown Frisco, one had had 8 houses on it, and found a few boxes of stuff. On the other, we had to dig down 15 feet for the underground parking garage, layer after layer of old buildings and fill sand. Worked on the Benicia, Carquinez and Bay Bridges, anywhere you dig you find something. Mare Island can get real interesting. And I have 3 cars stored there, in a 1910 munitions warehouse, right by the drydocks

loudbang likes this.
  30. Mnb1966chevy

Mnb1966chevy