Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Whose posts do you always read?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, Mar 27, 2021.

1. I think most of us read most of the guys who post the most.:confused: Did I say most too much?:eek: :p

2. I try to read most post/threads and I can't nail it down to just a few, more than half the guys that have responded to this thread I read what they post.

Like a lot of you the title is the hook for me, I don't care if the Devil himself made a post if it looks interesting.

As far as my post, I don't have the knowledge of many of our members, take Jim or beeno and many others they can walk you through technical aspects of engine building, me?, I can try and make you laugh or ask questions about car building or products used in the pursuit.

When things are slow I will normally impart some of my ramblings.

Every one of us has something to offer and a lot to learn, isn't that why we are here? HRP

3. Funny.....I was thinking about posting a thread on what posters you don't get/follow.....

4. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

For me the title/subject matters more than who posted. But I really appreciate our more technically-savvy members. Squirrel comes to mind. And on the opposite end, poor spelling absolutely turns me off. I won't read a post 3 or 4 times to try to figure out what the point was, I just skip it. Same with photos on an angle.

5. Koz

Koz

So many technically astute people on here. I always seem to gravitate to Marty Strodes stuff along with Just Louvers, Stogy, Loudbang and at least a dozen others. More a matter of thread subject matter than anything.

6. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

VANDENPLAS, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  7. @mr.chevrolet is always entertaining. His classified ads are the bomb.

8. Deuces

Deuces

I try to read everybody's but mine.... And I give out "likes" like candy on holloween..... :D

9. Well @atch I am hurt I aint never reading your posts again. :D :D :D

I read porknbeaner's posts. Not because he is interesting to me at all, I just have to read them to see if they need to be edited. :D

10. 688E8012-8743-4003-8ECC-3499A82CFEC7.jpeg
    Happy Birthday! ;)

11. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

For me it's content of the thread but I will admit there are a few here that tempt my ability to resist humor. :)

12. bchctybob

bchctybob

As I read this thread I realized that it would be VERY difficult to list the posters that I gravitate to the most. I'd have to break it down into categories and even then it would be difficult. Here's a few: (in no particular order)
    Some are All Purpose; Loudbang, Stogy, Roothawg, Hemi32, PorknBeaner, Moriarty, Jnaki, HRP, X38, Ron Funkhouser, Elcohaulic, 57Fargo, Saltflats, Ekimneirbo, Anthony Myrick............... Always good reading
    Some are Technical; Marty Strode, PistnBroke, Honestray, Paul, Squirrel, V8Bob, 56sedandelivery, Ekimneirbo, 31vicky with a hemi, Crazy Steve, Alchemy, Mimilan, Jebesen, Blues4U, K13........ Pay attention and learn something
    Some are Entertaining; Vandenplas, Roothawg, Bandit Billy, Lloyd's Paint and Glass, Jimmy Six, Grumpy65, Lippy, Budget36, Hotrodjack33............. Full of wit and charm.
    And some are Inspirational; LM14, Paul, Flynbrian, Gonzo. ...........Relentlessly gettin r done, amazing !!!
    There's a ton more in every category that I can't think of (or spell) and they all cross over.
    That's why I keep coming back here.

13. Man, that's cold! HRP

There is a fine line between humor and odor, one is a shift of WIT and the other is a whiff of SH!T. :D HRP

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  14. WalkerMD

WalkerMD

I never ever read topics like this. Let alone reply to them.

15. Budget36

Budget36

When on my laptop I can see the latest reply screen name, can’t see it on my phone. But if I see a reply from someone I know that knows about a Hemi, let’s say,(I don’t know squat) I’ll click on it to read the thread even though it doesn’t pertain to anything I’ll do. Just informs me about something I know nothing about.

I tried following users after I got here, but man, was overwhelmed.
    Lots of knowledge here on the HAMB, a lot I can relate to but most I just read to learn about stuff, kinda like the old magazines.

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Give it some time...and you just did...it's really not about reading topics like this it's about reading what the Members post regarding any Thread Topic you may be perusing...;)

Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those who are disgusted by spelling may be missing some of our most incredible memberships offerings...even scaring them away...:oops:...some have been less fortunate with education for any number of reasons, many no fault of their own...your voice matters...;)

I use slang quite often myself and even invent words, misspell and botch grammar...I just do my best and appreciate others doing their best...

Just remember the Hamb is about Hotrods and Customs not a classroom of proper English and Grammar...

Hambers don't ever let your education get in the way of sharing on topic subject matter...;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  18. squirrel

squirrel

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

True! Makes you hope he never sells anything. :confused::confused:

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

I recognize most people by their avatar, not their name. After I notice them in a few posts it seams they are in all the posts I read, guess it turns out we have the same interests.

21. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Mmmm...Three pages, and my name wasn't even mentioned.
    I think I'll just go eat dirt.

22. I always read Atwater Mike's.

23. This is the absolute truth, anyone can participate regardless of your education, I am always blown away with how well guys communicate even though English is not their native tongue.

Don't worry about spelling and punctuation, most of us are not that anal, at least Atwater Mike and I don't mind. HRP

24. atch

atch

Said porknbeaner:

Well @atch I am hurt I aint never reading your posts again. :D :D :D

I read porknbeaner's posts. Not because he is interesting to me at all, I just have to read them to see if they need to be edited. :D

========================================

Said HRP:

Man, that's cold! HRP

=========================================

HRP (Danny); you're absolutely correct. That's cold! However, everyone please understand that porknbeaner (Ben) actually said that about himself. I didn't say it.

I did list some of the deceased folks in my first post. Ben - if you were dead I'd have included your name also but since you're alive I couldn't do that.

==========================================

All that being said, however, Danny and Ben are on my short list of folks whose writings I read whenever I see their avatar or signature. Many of the folks listed by others herein are also on my list.

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't...I said thanks to All Hambers for sharing the Good and the Bad so that's a lot of names including you Mike...:)

Anybody who knew Norm Grabowski is right up there in my books...Get a Camera you...the bad times are behind you...;)

See, I read your post...:D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  26. I’m just commenting to increase muh post count.

27. bchctybob

bchctybob

Did I forget to mention Atwater Mike! Damn, how did that happen? You were right there on my Sh(or)t List.
    See? Sorry for the shitty picture, I must be having a senior day.....
    IMG_3002.JPG

28. Actually my favorites are anything fabrication.
    this place is like some sorta grad school for car nuts.
    I have used the info you guys post numerous times in my class.
    Thanks.
    I need all the help I can get.

29. Hey man, you gonna use that bag of screws? :D

30. rusty valley

rusty valley

I never click on a thread because of who posted it, only the topic. Then, certainly there are some guys here that are like Merrill Lynch, pay attention when they post some wisdom, but then there are thread headlines that are put up like click bait, you need to go there just to see what its all about. This is OK for the folks trying to humor us, like they dropped the car key in the shitter at the campground, I like humor too, but the threads that are actually a technical question should have the topic in the title instead of some cutesie thing for click bait. I am one who will do a lot of searching before i ask a question, and the cutesie title does not reflect the topic in a search. happy motoring