Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Whose posts do you always read?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, Mar 27, 2021.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I read what I like. I will check some titles to see if they interest me, if not, I move on. It's like cake, some folks like the icing, some the cake, some had rather have pie....:eek::rolleyes:o_O:D

VANDENPLAS and Stogy like this.
  2. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

HRP, Loudbang, Squirrel and several others...

3. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

I like to look at threads that have maybe 100 or less replies, unless it is something really interesting to me. If see a old thread come up that has 6000replies and oodles of pages I will usually pass cuz I figure I don't have time to look at it all. On the other hand if I see a new thread with no responses, I will wait and look at when there are responses. The ones that I find irritating are the ones where the OP asks a question, then a bunch of you helpful guys answer. Then I am curious whether the OP got his problem fixed, so as I see more responses, I look at it again and find more answers from others, no conclusion from OP..... A few days later more responses, then a bunch of responders getting into a arguement over who is full of shit, and it cant' be that, on and on and OP is gone, never does give a conclusion.... No really I do enjoy this site and learn a lot, especially about metal working, rust repair, etc. Thanks to all of you!!

4. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I Read All Of The Ones Where The Author Doesn't Have A Axe To Grind.. 6322657929_4552b50141_b.jpg

5. belair

belair

I rene mine twice to chek for spelling errers.

6. If I proof read more, I'd still miss it?:confused: But any who??? It's not so much of who's posting. But more like what the thread title is. I've never looked at F.B. or any of the other internet sites. But it has been very nice getting to know you guys on here. :) I like your Pictures, and stories the most! ;) I'm more of a bad weather HAMB'er also. So I miss a lot of your cool post. But hay, I just { Love Hot Rods. } So thanks for sharing!:) Ron.......

7. Oilguy

Oilguy

Can't nail it down to "who" but I read the build threads to learn some fabrication techniques, using tools, etc. Also love history threads and looking at other peoples shops and garages. I avoid threads where I see that the last person to comment is one of the two or three who find it necessary to post a photo of their own car(s) every day on multiple threads, all year long.
    Photos posted on "Traditional images" are great, as is "Vintage shots". Thanks to Hemi Dave and 65 Pacecar and others.

8. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

No one or anything in particular for me. I basically read them all when I have time to get on here. However, I can't be on 24/7 so there are lots I don't see before they are pages away when I do get on.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  9. Country Joe

Country Joe

10. hudson48

hudson48

HRP, Stray Kat(Mickey),Moriarty, Old Gas Stations,Sitting and Rotting, and many more.

Lil32, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Pete Eastwood, HRP and Ron Funkhouser are my faves. And there are certain post that I look for. Basically I like all of it...........

dana barlow and Stogy like this.
  12. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I always look through the first FOUR pages, after that they're usually something I've already read, and I usually only read threads that interest me. I also check in at least twice a day, sometimes more. There are some threads I don't read, like the ones concerning a topic that has already been covered a hundred times, and the answers never change; those folks need to use the search function first before starting a new thread about an old topic. There are't any members that I single out as not read their threads/posts. I learned a long time ago, you can learn something from almost anyone, including an enemy. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  13. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I just read what interests me, but there probably is a pattern somewhat.

And it's difficult to not read threads some guys start, because they start so many. Which is cool, whatever makes you happy, makes me happy for you.

Some threads I stay away from tho, like colors. The 'let's see red rods', 'let's see blue rods' thing seems silly to me, but hey, whatever. Half of this site is guys just wanting to share their car, and that's cool.

14. das858

das858

Rich Fox , Dean Lowe , Marty Strode , Jim Forbes , Racer x , HRP , Loud bang , speed gems , ardun 296 , and many , many more . I like race car builds , the super stock Comet wagon is a current favorite, along with the scratch built belly tank from the UK.

15. The most entertaining is the "questions & suggestions". But i enjoy reading tech related posts, I've learned a lot hanging out here wit you fellas ;)

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Purrfect...

belair and rusty valley like this.
  17. JimSibley, Racer X, Squirrel, & Loudbang. Royal Shifter and Bass, & Plowboy, but haven't seen much from them in a while.

18. I tend to read post that are of the most interest or build related but I ALWAYS read BEANOS and HRPs post just because. The BEAN always has something sarcastacly witty to say about something and HRP posts a lot and it’s always entertaining. There are many many more members I religiously follow but those two come to mind right quick. I know I’m not one as my posts and responses are usually kinda lame and I delete them soon after I post. Mitch

19. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

I read Topics that are interesting , author is of little significance ....
    I hated cliques & popularity contests in high school & I still hate ' em

clem, Happydaze, tb33anda3rd and 5 others like this.
  20. I read various posts ( technical, builds, FAS, Vintage shots, etc...) I also like to check the threads that I have on this forum ( see my photos from local shows as an example) .

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

jim snow, hotrodjack33 and Stogy like this.
  21. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I think some of you misunderstood the question in the heading of the thread, I read it to be about posts not threads. But I could be wrong.

X38, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  22. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Jalopy Joker

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  23. goldmountain

goldmountain

Paul, Rockable, Another Car Guy, x38, Marty Strode, HRP, Dana Barlow, Jivin' Jer, and countless others. You people have interesting material.

24. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Drags in motion

25. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

In my case, I don't look for "who" posted what or started a thread; that's what I was trying to say. I just look through the threads/posts, and read what interests me. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

jimmy six, Happydaze and Stogy like this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well if that is the case and I believe you are correct...I try to read everyone's posts in the Threads I visit and usually apply a like to let you know I have read what you are sharing...Good or Bad many times as opinions are opinions...

I will say much of this tech Hambers share goes over my head as I'm a structurally trained assembly worker rather than a drag racer or Hotrod mechanic...but I do my best and try to learn and understand...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I like most everything here, especially posts my friend Danny HRP posts.

I also like my own posts as I get that guys sense of humor and think he has excellent taste ;):D.

Good tech and build threads are always welcome.

28. atch

atch

Hi folks. I never meant to look specifically for anyone's posts or threads. What I mean is when you see a post or thread that you are interested in and you see that person xyz has posted you tell yourself "this is gonna be good" and you make it a point to read.

29. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Flamed Abone is a must for me.