Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's up for Hokey Ass Cookbook 2.0?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zeke, Feb 17, 2007.

1. y block

y block
    from kcmo

16 cylinder brats:

boil brats in beer and chopped onions
    wrap in aluminum foil
    place wrapped brats on EMD 16 cyl 710 diesel locomotive v block
    wait about 2-3 hrs while pulling 18000 tons
    remove
    enjoy!

2. Japanese soup recipie submitted.

So easy even I can do it.

-bill

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

zeke, i sentcha like a mere 6:rolleyes: the other day..wifes workin on the rest...weve just been swamped with sick daddy and kiddies and taxes!:(
    you have a deadline, so i know when to get off my ass?:eek:

5. Zeke

Zeke

Hey Breeder I got the recipes but next time send them to the right email addy!!! :p

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hey! im only one step one of the twelve!;)
    is there a deadline??we are just swapped with tax stuff right now, but i know ive got 20 more around here if theres time!:eek:

7. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I used to live up in Alaska... the eskimos always love a tight seal!

8. Would anybody be interested in my recipe for Moo Goo Gai Spam ?

Attached Files:

9. I need to find a little time. I have a few easy recipes from myself and Carla to email over.

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

me and greezy are over chittin if ya got time for chattin!

zeke,,,,soon man!!!promise!;)

11. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Sorry Zeke, I can't help out with the graphics...but for all the others-

Two of my biggest passions in life are food and cars. I like to play in the kitchen as much as I like to 'light the fires and burn the tires.'

I can't wait for this new HAMB Cookbook to come out. I missed the first one.

For anyone wondering, usually, "user-contributed" cookbooks by far are superior to the store bought ones, where recepies are otherwise 'plugged in' to fill pages. They may or may not be tested. Or tasty.

With user-supplied cookbooks, they are usually tried-and-true recepies that come out pretty much as intended. I have a cookbook fetish, much like my car fetish, and I have to say, some of the commercial variety cookbooks-- even when the recepies are made to a tee, do not taste all that good. A "home brew cookbook" is almost guaranteed to produce much better results than your standard "Amazon.com" cookbook. I especially like to hear the background stories (if any) that come from a long family history of making such-and-such a dish that everyone likes. Cooking is an extension of YOUR family's likes, to others families. That's kinda cool when you think about it.

As a side note:
    This is a good site for folks wanting to explore their culinary talents:

www.chow.com

I highly recommend this crab dip: http://www.chow.com/recipes/10721

I made it to the "t" (but used two cans of regular crab and one can of "lump" instead of fresh)...and I got RAVE reviews. It was pretty damn good so now I trust the site.

Read the story too, about the salsa receipe. It's here:

http://www.chow.com/stories/10111

It's my next culinary "project". Sounds just as hot and spicy as I like my Southwestern grub.

12. I would love to contribute a recipe PM me what I gotta do or what kind of recipes you still need and I'll be glad to submit whatever ya need....

13. class 'A'

class 'A'
    from Casper,Wyo

i'd be interested. Too bad you didnt have some whipped out now. Might be heading to K.C. middle of next week.

Mike

14. catman

catman
    from El Reno

COOOL, count me in, love to try/ruin (according to my significant other) new food recipes...

15. Zeke

Zeke

I'm currently working on reprinting the first Hokey Ass Cookbook. Once that is done I'll get back to work on Hokey Ass Cookbook 2.

If you got recipes you wanna submit just email them. I'm not picky.. I would like a few more dessert recipes though.

16. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

The minute either of these bitches are done I need them. Especially some bitchin Cal-Mex recipes. I had some kick ass Carne Tacos fom my friend Danny that I met out there. I think he was from Los Boulevardos CC?? Got me a hankerin for some new foods.

17. Zeke

Zeke

Hmmm more Tex-mex and Cal-mex recipes would be cool. I know that I don't have any in book 2 at all.