Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's got the coolest shift knob?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Tommy's cycle: I think you guys should do a dvd about your work Especially dmtris work

2. I'll play. Posted before but why not. The guy that started this thread did the work for me. I supplied the old gaming coin. Turned our neat in my opinion.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  3. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Well we all have our own opinion and I must agree with you it did come out pretty sweet

4. Sick Six Cylinder

Sick Six Cylinder
    from New Jersey

Old bullet mics are so great you should put a harmonica for the wiper switch

5. OK I actually found some pics of my lucky shift knob. I thought I had posted pics of it on this thread, there must be another shift knob thread out there.

Anyway here's pics of my lucky shift knob. Like I said nothing fancy but it is at least 50 years old and I have owned it all this time.

Attached Files:

bowie likes this.
  6. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beaner : That sucker is to KOOL! I`d bet its grabbed a few gears over the years.

7. Tnhaks.
    Tons of gears, even broke a tranny or two. I think I will give it to a sick kid for luck before I check out. It has served me well.

bowie likes this.
  8. madmike8

madmike8
    from Tennessee

Does any one have a pic of one that's made from an old Pocket Watch? My Dad gave me an old Pocket Watch a long time ago. I was thinking of embedding it into wood or something with the dial facing up as a shifter... but the more I think of it, I probably won't use the watch he gave me... I still like the idea though...

9. steaceclark2235

steaceclark2235
    from uk

very horrible pitcher above on this threads I feel so much disturbance when I saw that's pitcher but that is so much interested pitcher.

10. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Mine is the coolest..

My dad made it in machine shop in 1957.. His junior year right before he dropped out.. Got his name on it..

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  11. OK you say UK but you speak english like it is your second language.
    Let me help you out a bit here, a pitcher is something that holds water, or someone who plays base ball or the male entity in a homosexual relationship.

Is that what you are talking about?

Follow this link
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Then click on read this first. read what is written there and do what it says that you should do prior to posting on a thread. Folks will accept you more if they can see who you are.

12. Bad to the bone my friend. I hope you got kids to collect that when you are gone.

13. docmike

docmike

This knob started out as a cast iron tool handle I found years ago in my Grandpa's garage on his farm. I cut off the part where the tool (file maybe) attached to the handle and then I sandblasted the whole thing. I then threaded the end of it and chucked it up in my lathe. I sanded it smooth while turning it on the lathe. To finish it off I sent it out to be chrome plated. I plan on putting on me column mounted automatic shifter in my '51 Chevy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doc

wcben and kiwijeff like this.
  14. fleetside66

fleetside66

Nice piece of work, young man. It's great when you can incorporate things into your car that have a personal meaning.

15. XXL__

XXL__

I use one of these, but left it all carboned up as it better reflects the look of the truck. No pic at the moment... just picture a dirty piston on the end of a stick.

16. skyrodder

skyrodder

Here's what I'm using in my 54, my sons name carved on the back.

I sell these, just in case someone is interested

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TJJ

Attached Files:

Roadsterpu likes this.
  17. We're proud to point out we made this custom knob for Jeff.
    PM me if you've got something special in mind.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  18. This was a one-off custom we made and sold at the Round Up. It sure looks good in your car. Thanks for posting it up.

19. I can't wait to see the one you guys are making for me

20. mines

Attached Files:

21. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

tommys cycles on here has some badass custom knobs

22. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Thanks for the Kudos, Here's the one we did for Doc's Roundup Giveaway and we are tossing in a cool stand also reminiscent of the old "Stick Ponies" a lot of us had as kids.

Attached Files:

23. The people at HotRodShiftKnob.com made this awesome knob using a milk bottle cap from my grandfather's drive-in dairy from back in the day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff, TailDrag and Hotrodmyk like this.
  24. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Not sure what it was, but it makes a cool shift knob (handle). Anybody know?

Attached Files:

25. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Holy shit, beat me to it. I used the exact same piston out of a 22cc Weed Trimmer. I just welded a nut right to the pin.

Cool! Yeah I too would recommend a weed whacker sized piston as anything bigger will be hard to grab on to.

26. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Skateboard wheels make cool shift knobs because you can play with them and spin them at red lights.

Attached Files:

27. Thanks for posting it, up Road Farmer. And for being patient with us during the process. We're thrilled you like it, man!

28. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Chainsaw Piston.........

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      78.8 KB
      Views:
  29. mckustoms

mckustoms