Register now to get rid of these ads!

who's got speedway headers ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ***Area-51***, Nov 27, 2008.

1. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

any body runnin speedway headers?....any problems with them? fitment? quality?

2. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

what motor , what chassis ???????

3. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

looking at the full length sbf for 27-34 chassis.....(31 model A in my case)

just wandering if speedway header were worth buying...the price is as good as anbody's for my application.......

4. Got the BBC fenderwell headers for my 57 gasser project. speedway said tire clearence would be an issue and they were right! This way I was able to justify a straight axle and disc brakes that I wanted anyway. Kinda forced my hand but one thing leads to another......
    "anybody can restore a car but it takes a real man to cut one up!"

5. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I have some older ones on my '40 coupe. They were originally for the 302 that was in there before, and now attached to a 351W. Had to move a tube when we changed the steering box position, and had them Jet-Hot coated about a dozen years ago. As far as I can tell, they will outlast me and the car. I guess I am a satisfied customer.

6. dannyego

dannyego

They are fine as long as you can weld. I had to repair a pair that I just bought because whoever welded them blew a hole through one of the welds at the factory. I didnt think about taking a picture untill after I fixed it. I probably should have.... Over all the pair I got were pretty bad and I will never buy another pair from them. I have been happy with all there other products so far.

7. brandon

brandon

can't remember if those full lenght ones are s&s or patiot...i have them on my model a right now ....depending on how low your car will sit or how high the motor sits will be your biggest issue....my car sits low ,motor is high and the collectors are still fairly low......everything else fits nicely.... brandon:D

8. blown green t

blown green t

I have the chrome sprint headers and 26" turn outs. The crome blued up on the first 10-12" but that's to be expected with the cheap chrome today. I had the car on the road since march and have 2,000 mile so far with no problems.

9. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

....depending on how low your car will sit or how high the motor sits will be your biggest issue....my car sits low ,motor is high and the collectors are still fairly low......everything else fits nicely.... brandon:D[/quote]

brandon, that is something consider........you running 289/302 or351w? (isnt the 351w taller than the 302)...

what steering set up?

i'll have vega box and biscut style motor mounts....

10. I bought their fat fender fenderwell headers and they were actually Patriots when they arived, they fit fine for me.

11. A-Wall

A-Wall

ive got a pair, made by Patroit. fitment is good even tho they aren't for my truck! they came with all of the hardware, quality is nice for the price, there is a small dent in one but i'm wrapping them so i dont really care.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. I've got a pair of shorties for SBF that I'm very happy with. Fit great and the price is right. Mine have the armor hot coat on them and they have held up great.

13. brandon

brandon

brandon, that is something consider........you running 289/302 or351w? (isnt the 351w taller than the 302)...

what steering set up?

i'll have vega box and biscut style motor mounts....[/QUOTE]

boring old sbc...with speedway tubular motor mounts...:D and a 525 box.....

14. Pretty sure the ones you are talking about are Patriot's. Installed a set last week on a 32 with a 302, fit nice.

Speedway has their headers made by a few different companies and obviously anone can have a bad welding day but I am curious why you didn't send them back and get a new set instead of welding them? I'm sure Speedway would have replaced them

15. mratt

mratt

I've had zero problems with mine.

Attached Files:

16. I have a set of S/B Chevy Roadster Headers on my '26, other than bluing and a little rust where the 4 pipes come together, they have worked fine. I am planning on buying a set of block huggers, from Speedway, for the '28 that I am building that has a 302.

Attached Files:

17. barney pierce

barney pierce

I've got the headers your lookin to get on my sedan (very happy & lots of miles. I've got a set of their fat fender fender well headers on my 27 rdstr. nice headers!

18. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

looks like i'm gonna have to try on a set....