Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's got a Modine Radiator catalog?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, May 14, 2007.

1. I've seen a few folks looking for small radiators, myself included. Everywhere I look, dimensions are for the core, not overall dimensions. I heard Modine gives overall dimensions, but can't find them on the internet. I've heard, "Look through the catalogs at the parts house, " but the guys at the parts house aren't the best, and I can spend much more time sitting at the computer than at a busy parts house after 5PM. I need one 16" high, 18" wide, preferably with the top hose on the driver's side, bottom hose on passenger side, but not a must. I've heard postal Jeep, Mustang, and Duster, but not sure on overall dimensions. Any help would be appreciated.

2. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

My brother works for Modine - they sold off the aftermarket division about a year and a half back - to Walker, I think. As a result - they're now outta this business.

3. Could you ask him about this, I'd like to use an off the shelf radiator if possible.

4. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

#9165 (American Radiator Sales #) radiator has a core size of 15 3/16 high x 17 1/4. The top tank adds about 3" and the bottom tank about 1 1/2" to the overall height dimension.
    The inlets are 1 1/4" with top on driver and bottom on pass.
    Application is "Post Office Vehicle 1/4 ton (DJ5G), 1978-79 Audi engine"
    If this isn't small enough I could look for a smaller one.
    I've used numbers from this catalog to order radiators from supply houses. The numbers appear to be universal for the industry.

5. Thanks, but it's about 3 3/4" too tall. I need 16"H x 18"W overall.

6. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

I'll keep looking. The catalog is not easy to use as it lists core size and then you have to add the tank dimensions. I'll let you know what I find.

7. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

How about #644?
    14" High with tanks x 18" wide. There are side mount flanges which could be trimmed to hold the width to 18"
    Inlet is 1 3/8" and outlet 1 9/16" in the correct positions.
    It is a two row core and has trans cooler.
    Application is 1975-77 Bronco with 122 ci engine.

8. You are the MAN! I'm calling up the parts house now.

9. Damn, neither O'Reilly nor Standard Auto can reference that #, I'll have to keep trying. Thanks again.

10. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

Can they look it up by application or is that what you tried?

11. I tried the #, no luck, and '75-77 Broncos show V-8, 302 or 351.

12. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

The same radiator fits Courier (Ford) trucks 73-77 1.2 & 1.8 engines, 75-79 with 2.0 & 1.8 engines and 1981 with 2.0.

Autozone shows a "Transpro #433644" radiator and an "SPI #644" radiator for the Courier application.

I suspect my catalog is incorrect listing the Bronco with this radiator as is shows two 4 cyl engines but no 8 cyl. The Courier seems to be the correct application.

13. Thanks, Ed. I'll pass the info once I lay a tape measure on one.

14. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

Hey guys, trying to find info on an old Modine radiator part number..it’s either M-148 or M-48..as I remember I think it said it fit 77 Buick wagon or skylark.. probably fit other gm those years ..thanks for any info.