Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage who's going to the lonestar roundup? what's everybody doing in the evenings?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrenchspinner, Jan 14, 2015.

1. wrenchspinner

wrenchspinner

so who all is going to the lonestar roundup and what has everyone got planned for the evenings after roundup?

2. srs1

srs1

The Giddyup had a real good party last year. Special parking out back for R&C's. Dale Watson played.
    It was a good time. damned if I can remember how to get there. Ha!

3. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Ill be there, hopefully running around town in a hemi roadster and having some Shiner (after driving, not before). At night, you probably wont catch me on congress unless I got there early and parked. It's usually a good way to get a leg cramp and over heated engine if you are running up and down the street. Everywhere else is fair game.

4. joey7508

joey7508
    from TX

I'm going. I usually go to Congress in the evenings. Finding a parking space near by is hard, and almost impossible on the drag. Last year people were parking their daily drivers on Congress way ahead of time to "hold" their spot.

5. wrenchspinner

wrenchspinner

thinking about coming in early for the bbq in Taylor. Is it worth making it to?

6. 62nova

62nova

Don't miss the bbq!

inkstain27 likes this.
  7. wesleyoldham

wesleyoldham

We went to top notch last year and will be going back one night

8. barett

barett
    from Taylor TX

BBQ is a good time, laid back and lots to see...

9. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

The Roundup is busy! We stay on the run just about the whole time - besides I like the driving between places. Here is what we did in 2014 (and what we knew about but missed). All the activities away from the fair grounds are great in themselves (especially if you are into the music Austin has to offer); there is just too much going on at the same time to see it all.

Thursday
    Went
    to the Round Up Kickoff BBQ – it’s just about my favorite part of the weekend because I get to actually look at cars and talk to many of my friends from all over TX and out of state.
    Went to see Marti Brom backed by The Modern Don Juans and Southern Culture on the Skids @ the Continental Club
    Missed the open house at Getaway Motor Club and music by Two Hoots and A Holler & Hillbilly Servants
    Missed the Pre Lone Star Roundup Party @ Bull McCabe's Irish Pub and the music by Hellbound Hayride, Eddie Peery & Rattlesnakin' Daddies, & Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
    Missed The Soul Supporters & The Useless Playboys @ C-Boys Heart & Soul on Congress.
    Then actually hung out on Congress a little bit with some friends until nearly 3 am.

Friday
    Missed
    the Garage Crawl in the morning
    Went to the Roundup for about 3 hours – Got to see some of the music, but not many cars
    Went to Giddy Ups party
    Went to a friend’s party in Dripping Springs
    Went back to Giddy Ups to see Dale Watson play
    Went to the Rockabilly Roundup Party @ Nastys to see The Moonhowlers, Rockin Lloyd Tripp, and The Bellfuires
    Missed seeing Wyldwood Four @ Fado's
    Missed the open house at Austin Speed Shop
    Missed Jimmy Vaugn and the Texas Blue Dots @ C-Boys Heart & Soul
    Missed the Rumble Cat Roundup Bash @ Big Shotz Neighborhood Bar and music by Eddie Peery & the Rattlesnakin' Daddies
    Missed The Ugly Beats, The Useless Playboys & Southern Culture on the Skids @ Continental Club
    Went to Congress very late after 2am to get pizza

Saturday
    Went
    to the Roundup for about 2 hours – missed all the music, looked at a couple cars
    Helped a friend that had a car accident
    Helped a friend that ran out of gas
    Missed the Hot Rod Drive In @ Top Notch Burgers with Miss Julia & The Cruisers & Rockin Lloyd Trippnet Went to Murpho’s to see the Go Getters
    Went to the Rockabilly Roundup Party @ Nastys to see the The Under Yonder Boys, The Shadowmen, and The Star Mountain Dreamers
    Missed the Saturday Austin Speed Shop Party
    Missed The Bellfuries @ The White Horse
    Missed Jade Idol, The Useless Playboys, and Southern Culture on the Skids @ Continental Club
    Missed Jimmy Vaugn @ C-Boys Heart & Soul
    Missed JOHNNY HOOTROCK @ Bull McCabe's Irish Pub
    Missed Hard Fall Hearts, Hotrod Hillbillies, & 13 Black Coffins @ Gypsy Lounge
    Missed the A-Town Hammer Down @ Infest with music by Zeke, Honky, The Grizzly Band, & Meganaut
    Went to Congress very late after 2am to get pizza

Sunday
    Missed
    the Hot Rod Brunch @ La Mancha Tex Mex Tavern
    Missed Mercury Charlie's Open House (cancelled due to the weather) with Music by The LeeRoi Brothers
    Finally on Sunday just tried to stay awake on the drive home.

10. Jerry Rice

Jerry Rice

In addition to what has been said, the party at the Austin Speed Shop is a must do. And the scene on Congress is a must to avoid unless one of your favorite bands is playing at the Continental Club.

11. canada eh!

canada eh!

Don't forget garage crawl Friday morning , if it still happening . Favorite!

12. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

It was my first time there, after the fairgrounds and a nap I went to Austin Speed shop open house and then Congress at just kicked back and watched. Seems to be plenty to do ,just don't forget to relax also.

13. I am not going as far as I can tell but if I were there in the evenings I would be doing one or all of 3 things, eating Texas BBQ, drinking Pearl (can you still get Pearl beer?) in a can and Jack Daniels Black and trying my damnedest to get lucky. Number 1 and number 3 would be highest on my list and number 2 would just have to do if number 3 was not an option.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. AT your age beeno I suggest a nap first! :D HRP

15. In my lawn chair on Congress. ;)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.