Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's going to Detroit Autorama 2014?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseboystoys, Dec 2, 2013.

1. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Ill be there bright and early sat!

2. Woody's Hot Rods

Woody's Hot Rods

Driving up tomorrow. Hitting up Miller's in Dearborn for dinner. I'll spend all day at the show on Saturday. Can't wait. I have cabin fever.

3. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

After a blown tire we finally got there last night. We followed that up with breaking the ignition key off in the ignition, in a parking garage.

Attached Files:

4. pro/spectator

pro/spectator

Please stay home with your negative comments:confused:

5. butch27

butch27

Went today with the club. A lot of motorbikes and bicycles. Quite a bit of open spaces with no cars. Could have been better. Downstairs was great as always.

6. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty good show, I arrived at about 1:00pm and stayed 4-5 hours. I rushed a little bit, and probably could have stayed a few more hours. Quite a few really nice Model A's around, and the Rolling Bones 33 (or 34?) in the basement in bare steel was so bad ass. I thought the hot rods were represented well, but the customs were only limited in numbers. Plenty of really nice custom non Hamb friendly muscle cars. The two cars in reply #84 were friggin' awesome. A think the sled is a '39 Chevrolet and a Model A.

I can't believe why the parking around Cobo is such a clusterf*ck. Under Cobo parking and Rooftop were full by 1:30pm. Ridiculous. I parked a half mile away. I've spent plenty of time in Detroit in my life and there are some things Detroit just fails miserably at.

7. Truck sounded good coming through the door

8. Parking on Friday sucks.....people are working down there...the garages get full. Much better on the weekend

9. Scott K

Scott K

Maybe it's because there are more people actually working for a living in the downtown area than in the last 30 years, and they are using the spaces during working hours.

10. Hey great minds think a like

11. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Originally Posted by Doctor Detroit
    I can't believe why the parking around Cobo is such a clusterf*ck. Under Cobo parking and Rooftop were full by 1:30pm. Ridiculous. I parked a half mile away. I've spent plenty of time in Detroit in my life and there are some things Detroit just fails miserably at.[/QUOTE]

There was also a RedWings game last night.The pre game partying starts early believe it or not.I pulled in the Cobo garage about 5:30 and got a spot real quick.

12. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh well, I didn't mean to derail the thread with a parking complaint. Even with pain in the ass parking, seeing the show is worth it. I took my father who had not been down to an Autorama since the nineties. He loved it. My father has attended the Autorama since the late fifties when he was a kid, and even witnessed the Roth Rotar accident. I considered going again today with relatives.

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Feels funny being home since I was up there the last 5 years,I hope everyone had a good time and take plenty of pictures as I want to see what I am missing.

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

15. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That 2014 Riddler Award Winner was really nice in it's execution of craftsmanship. I looked at it for a while. I think it fell short in styling and 'taste'. I could appreciate it for the awesome details, but wouldn't have chosen it for the Riddler Award Winner. But hey, that's probably why I am not a judge.

I'd like to see an award for best hot rod or kustom in bare steel. That Rolling Bones 33/34 in the basement just might have been my pick.

16. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Love your truck...! I took about a thousand pictures of it. REALLY close to where mine's gonna end up.

17. Yes, underlines how the Ridler Award is not really a beauty contest, there's a little more to it.

http://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/...4-buick-riviera-the-2014-ridler-award-winner/