Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Auggie Dawgie

Auggie Dawgie
    from New Jersey

A small update, but huge obstacle overcome for myself. Finally got those stuck bolts out of the rear fender wells and drilled two holes in each rear fender with the help of a couple friends. We used a carbide burr to drill out the rusty bolts and numerous broken drill bits. The hole will probably need to be tapped one or two sizes bigger once I get them cleaned up more but they're being held in place for mock up. With the rear fenders on the car and the front fenders nearly where they should be (I'll probably have to trim more off of the frame horns), we pushed the body forward to get the spacing correct for the stock running boards. Next to do is assemble the rear end with wheels and tires to roll under the car to get the rear crossmember where it needs to be. I rolled a wheel underneath the wheel well for motivation. Also have been sandblasting and painting as many chassis parts as possible while I still have access to the sandblaster at school. The model box is also for motivation.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. I also need to figure out the fender brackets and running board brackets, I'm thinking of using the A running board brackets and maybe the T fender brackets for the front fenders. 67072139199--46A117AD-FDEF-40BB-909B-EFFFCEEBA326.jpg

Attached Files:

Lil'Alb, Jet96, brEad and 9 others like this.
  2. I cheated and used all A fenders and running boards. Tourersnewwheels1_zpsd56afa6c.jpg

3. krazee

krazee

What year "A" fenders and running boards, that looks killer!!

fiftyv8 likes this.
  4. Rand Man

Rand Man

I’m guessing 28-29. A 26-27 will sit right on a A chassis. It’s a cool swap.

brEad and RICH B like this.
  5. krazee

krazee

Thanks, I'm putting a '27 T Coupe on a '35 Willys chassis, 10" roof chop. I followed the build of your car, it's one of my favourites. I have an Olds 215 stroked to 265cuin and an M22, but have been thinking of seeing what I could get out of the Willys flathead 4. I have been talking to a couple of older guys that raced these engines in the 40's and 50's

Jet96, AndersF and 64 DODGE 440 like this.
  6. goldmountain

goldmountain

Good to see this thread come back to life. It was getting a bit lonely in T land.

7. AndersF

AndersF

My progress have been microscopic the last year.
    During the summer i drive around in my old cars and go to shows and swapmeets.
    And i lost my wife in a car accident in august and had to deal with that.
    But hopefully i can pick up some pace again and get it done.

[​IMG]

Outback, randombob, Jet96 and 10 others like this.
  8. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

I really like look of your T coupe and I would like to see more photos of it.
    AndersF I hope you have a much better year. So sorry to hear of the loss of your wife.

lurker mick, AndersF, RICH B and 2 others like this.
  9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

My condolences on the loss of your wife

10. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anders, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine the feelings. Keep the faith and get something done! I will be looking for more posts.

AndersF likes this.
  11. Sorry to hear the loss of your wife
    Dive into that T to occupy your mind ,some good therapy right there ,again my condolences

AndersF likes this.
  12. Sorry to hear of your loss

AndersF likes this.
  13. Hey Buddy, so sorry to hear of the accident and loss, i can only imagine what you are going through. All the best for you as you move forward from NZ. JW

AndersF likes this.
  14. goldmountain

goldmountain

No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as any manner of they friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for there.

John Donne

AndersF likes this.
  15. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few months ago I picked up a project that a guy purchased for his grandkids to build in 1995, they didn't get too far before they got into go fast drag cars and their direction changed. The drive train came out of model A hot rod that the wanted "more motor" for:) The rear end is even a positrac nine inch. I work slow but I hope to have it done before I turn 80. The rolling stock will get switched out to more conventional rubber, those tires are so hard they don't need air to stayup. IMG_4539.JPEG IMG_4540.JPEG

alanp561, Jet96, Moedog07 and 4 others like this.
  16. @AndersF, so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom in August and can understand the affect that can have on your motivation. Hanging in there buddy!

AndersF likes this.
  17. AndersF

AndersF

Thanks all for the condolences.
    The first weeks was really rough but some how things go back to some kind of normal after a while.
    My biggest problem at the moment is its more to do than ever at work in combination i have to do all
    by myself the things we where two to share before.

Outback, alanp561, Rand Man and 6 others like this.
  18. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Hang in there Anders. We're rooting for you.

AndersF likes this.
  19. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Anders
    My condolences, and my thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Sometimes life kicks the crap out of us.

I fully understand microscopic progress. The good thing about an old car project is that it will wait for you. When you get a chance it will be there waiting and you can pick up where you left off. I'm frequently in that boat. Just when I think I'm going to have some free time for the roadster something will come up and cancel my plans.

Good luck
    Bobby

AndersF likes this.
  20. Gambler 1962

Gambler 1962

21. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Slowly getting mine further along

0360CD1B-9B85-4C35-AE3F-FF74CD59AD6A.jpeg

Outback, Lil'Alb, Tim and 13 others like this.
  22. Auggie Dawgie

Auggie Dawgie
    from New Jersey

We have to be careful not to post on here too much. Don't want people figuring out Model T hot rods are cool LOL.

For anyone wondering, the Model A frame fits about perfectly with the stock Model T hood, grill and fenders etc. The only thing is, the Model A front crossmember needs to be modified to be flat in the front, in order to get the wheels a half inch to an inch farther forward.

Does anyone know of a flat faced front crossmember I can buy or should I attempt to modify the roadster supply repop one I have now? Any other ideas I'd love to hear as well.

here's a link to the full fendered T thread too.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/full-fendered-t-s-thread-official-maybe.787861/

Outback, Jet96 and AndersF like this.
  23. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

@AndersF Sorry about the loss of your Wife.

Blue One and AndersF like this.
  24. Exactly that. Liked it so much I built it's sister... t COUPE EN ROUTE.JPG

Outback, RyanAK, Lil'Alb and 10 others like this.
  25. earlymopar

earlymopar

[​IMG]

I wish there was an "Extremely Like" button!

Jet96, Lil'Alb, KiwiGlen and 3 others like this.
  26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've always liked that 26/27 T body with A fenders look. Wescott sells a glass roadster kit with the pieces but it's too rich for my wallet.
    Dang nice looking touring.

AndersF likes this.
  27. vanherrb

vanherrb

that 26- black coupe with 28 fenders ,, sha-zam now 28-9 fenders on my swap meet hunt-- list

28. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

What hood did you use on the T coupe with Model A chassis???

MMM1693 likes this.
  29. tjm73

tjm73

WOW! I really like this one. It works well.

30. I made it. It’s a four piece the same as the T but around 3.5” longer.

E0E566EE-0374-4950-9EDB-C2052E8C5426.jpeg

Tim_with_a_T, Outback, Jet96 and 4 others like this.