Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. countspanko

countspanko

orange twist

Attached Files:

rab71 likes this.
  2. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

Saw some by Dan Greenberg :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Indeed an amazing car!

3. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

yard art right now tho

Attached Files:

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Mercury Charlie's new T is pretty cool.

5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

My son and I got this one done jan. 2012

Attached Files:

6. Oldskool27T

Oldskool27T
    from Tyler,Tx.

Here's mine been kinda slow I had it at a buddies shop brought her home last night to my shop. I like it low and Tall. :cool:
    [​IMG]

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Nice!!

8. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Early stages of my '26.......
    Will have a sbc 283 with two speed aluminum Powerglide trans....
    Cheers.....

Attached Files:

9. Awesome. I figured someone had to take some pics. What an amazing car.
    Note the headlights, the sbc with from mounted distributor, the valve covers, the front spring perch, to say nothing of the custom-made headers and the intake. Wow X 10. I cannot wait to see this one done. And other pics, people?

10. ManiacT

ManiacT

[​IMG]
    Here's mine ....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  11. I am currently building one for my daughter. She has my old full fendered 27 tub, but would like a car with windows and a heater too. She had a 65 Chevelle hardtop project that she has been holding on to for the last 20 years, but decided she would rather spend the money on a fenderless chopped and channelled T coupe. I sold off her chevelle and started on this for her. All the work was done since last November. She wants to keep it simple and reliable. Boxed A frame stretched to 105". 2" kick in the rear, T spring behind a 55 chev rear end. Speedway Superbell 4" dropwith disc brakes and their 40 type bones. Vega cross steer. 305-350 turbo. Chop will be 7". Wheels are up in the air but she likes the 60's look. I'm having fun. Pat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is her tub.
    [​IMG]

12. ManiacT

ManiacT

[​IMG]

Here's mine now. Drives great and fun to tool around in.

13. ManiacT

ManiacT

Hey Fordnutz, that is going to be a fine looking T. Keep up the good work. Should be a great car.

14. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

Here's a couple of mine from the other night. Still needs plenty of work and paint but it's a driver and to fun not to. And I really have to change those headlight stanchions!

Sent from my iPad using TJJ app

Attached Files:

15. c.a.1971

c.a.1971

here is mine not shure were to go now ImageUploadedByTJJ1335610084.010443.jpg

16. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

this is a favorite of mine too

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Just an opinion, But I notice nobody shot a picture of it from the side profile veiw. I more than get all the cool detailed components and stuff that makes this car up, but I have to say in all honesty that I very much prefer the kinda rough, built quickly '27 he did about 8 or 9 years ago. After looking at this one at LSRU for quite awhile, it's almost too much. It looks a bit too stretched out for my tastes. The old one was damn near perfect in it's siplicity... Probably a damn good thing it's not my car then, right?! Just my .02. Chip

18. [QUOTE It looks a bit too stretched out for my tastes. The old one was damn near perfect in it's siplicity... Probably a damn good thing it's not my car then, right?! Just my .02. Chip[/QUOTE]

Kinda how I like them. Not stretched out too much and not overdone. Simple is sometimes better. Pat

19. L79_Acadian

L79_Acadian
    from canada

20. Danshotrod

Danshotrod

Here is my 26 which I havent finished yet...Dan
    [​IMG]

21. tjm73

tjm73

22. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Seen this before. REALLY cool!

I hear you Chip...Proportionally, his last one was mo' bettuh! This one, though, IS different and I think I like it. Just for different reasons.

23. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

That's going to be a sweet T Fordnutz....glad to see it being chopped too....haha..
    She's gonna dig it...

24. This thread = awesomeness ...got me motivated to work on my T again :eek::D

[​IMG]

25. Nice car ClutchDumpinDan, I see you've got a Nailhead in yours. Same goes for mine. Looks like yours is whacked. Mine's stayin' Tall. What are you running for a trans? And what size is your engine? Body looks pretty darned nice. Keep posting progress.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  26. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Nice work, but was just wondering why you chose that type of front suspension setup?
    Any more details about your build would be nice to read.

27. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

It's been a while since I posted - my wife's not well and that means setting the car aside for a while. I'm trying to keep my wheelbase pretty short but I like the looks of long hairpins up front and wanted them to run at an angle that was complimentary to the frame rail which means the pivot point needs to run through the body. I'll be welding the body to the frame but it needs to come off and on a few more times untill the body work is done and a reinforcing tube through the frame and body would prevent that from happening so I needed a plan. I had my brother in law (thank God for brothers in law with machine tools!) make me these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The longer piece which will be welded into the frame is 1 1/2" OD mild steel, and is bored for a 1/2" bolt as well as being counterbored to accept the outer piece which has a step in it that fits snuggly into the frame section. Here the hole is drilled into the body and through the frame - it's going to need some body patching in this area and I'll let the body man take care of making everything pretty.

[​IMG]

Now the first piece is installed ito the frame rail. It sits flush on the inside and stands a little proud on the outside but not enough to interefere with body removal.

[​IMG]

Now the outside piece slides in through the body and locates in the counter bore of the first piece - note that nothing has been welded yet. I'll probably weld the inside and leave the rest til the body is off.

[​IMG]

Now the hairpin is raised ito position and the bolt slides through to hold everything together.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  28. chaddilac

chaddilac

Nice job Ragtop!!!

29. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Looks like it'll be a while fefore I can post again. Had to send my wife to the hospital again by ambulance tonight - just got home at 2:30 am and they're keeping her again. She was just in for two weeks and only got home Saturday. It's a bitch gett'n old! I don't reccomend it to anyone although I hear the alternative is much worse.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  30. daddio211

daddio211

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife my friend.