Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Yeah...just another boring 350......hogged out camelhump heads, Weiand 4x2 with 97's, old Jackson RotoFaze dizzy, big cam, Cal Custom covers, Muncie 4-speed.... blah, blah, blah....:rolleyes:

2. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

might be slight offtopic, but I just saw this piece in the '50ies comic topic
    [​IMG]
    never seen [photos of] one with a paintjob like this, gotta say that I quite like it

3. daddio211

daddio211

That's a Daryl Mayabb painting. He did a whole series of them for PPG. I have most of them on my shop walls! :)

4. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

5. woodbox

woodbox

Plenty of people would chew a leg off to get their hands on that V8 60. Why not run it in the T!?

6. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Update: Been getting the body striped out. Gonna sand as much rust as possible and then its off to the media blaster. While tearing it down I noticed 3/10/27 scratched into the steering wheel. I wonder if this was the day the original purchaser took ownership. Thought it was cool and now my car has a birthday.

Here's a top Idea I saw in detroit.

Last is a rendering By Chris Piscitelli that I picked up in detroit. This is kinda where I'm headed. Who says you need a top. Coupester (best of both worlds). Chris is a cool guy and he does check this thread out.

Attached Files:

7. Dig the illustration. Who did it?

8. Next time I'll read the post before asking questions that have already been answered.
    And if you happen to read this thread, pm me about your killer illustration, Chris. I'd like to get one for my car room.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  9. Mr. Stoner's. Quite possibly the coolest t in build mode.

4343116e-df3c-ddd9.jpg

10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I just bought this one, a cut down '26.
    Heading to Iowa tomorrow to pick it up.
    Not sure what direction to go with it yet.
    Cheers........

Attached Files:

11. Probably the biggest reason is that I don't know enough about the motors and the cost of the build. I dreamed of putting a Flatty in my ride as I love the old school look but I need to be able to justify the cost. I'm being told that the V8 60 doesn't have any good low end torque and isn't the best motor to run. Again I'm new to this vintage so I am trying to read and learn as I go. For me I am wanting to build a driver and a cruiser. Maybe I should consider running this as I think it would be cool. I need to figure out what I'm missing as far as parts. Heck it's a rebuilt motor ready to go. The other thought was to sell the motor, go more modern and use it to help fund the build. I have no idea the value of the motor though. Any thoughts?

12. Congratulations looks like it will be a fun project.

13. daddio211

daddio211

The V8-60 won't be a high performance motor for sure. Low on torque and horsepower, but sure is cool. If you have it, use it!

14. Jesus Bob, Ya got the Chevy done and you just can't sit still ? Not sure which direction to go with it ? When you leave Iowa, go East. :D Looks like lots of work in your future, can't wait to see it. :cool:

15. How about reliability of these motors?

16. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

There's a T-bucket running around So-Cal with a V8-60 that I've been seeing for several years and seems to run real well. Remember, they may not be high horsepower and torque relative to bigger engines, but it still will have considerably more than a stock T and in a light car it should be fun. That, and the cool factor says go for it.

17. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I want a stock-looking '26-'27 touring with a V8-60 mated to the planetary transmission. I'm gonna tell everyone it's a second-generation Gentry-Ford.

[​IMG]

-Dave

18. daddio211

daddio211

What's a henway?

Seriously though, it will be as good as it's been built. Tight tolerances, good machine work and attentive assembly with good components will make a long lasting engine as long as you don't abuse it. That said, these engines had very little of the above when new and still lasted a long time.

Who built it? What are the specs? How do you know its in running condition? Pull the heads and look at the cylinders to get an idea of what kind of condition its in. Of course, that doesn't indicate the condition of the crank or cam, but it should give you a good idea.

Like these guys said, the V860 is a cool little motor. I'm guessing you're a Vee Dub guy from your username, so you know what 100 horsepower in a light car feels like. Plenty for a fun, around town car, right?

I know what car 64 Dodge is talking about. Little yellow Fad T, right? Cool as hell and the guy drives the snot out of it!

19. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Actually, the T-Bucket I have seen is black, Don't have any pictures of it, but here are a couple of pictures of another V8-60 car I do have, a beautiful installation in a stock Austin Bantam Roadster.

Attached Files:

20. Daddio,

Yes I'm a VW nut however I have thinned the herd and started looking forward to something new. I am a bit burned out on my VW's but have a few to finish before I can quit. Currently I have 2 split windows one in bare metal, I sold the rag-top (wrong thing to do) but I'm about to acquire an oval so will roll that this year while I put the bus' back together. I have another splitty that was a friend of mines that I'm keeping until his son is old enough to drive and recently built a '69 Beetle for my daughter (she's my car kid). Anyway I'm going to look for a different motor/trans combo and part with the 60.

21. daddio211

daddio211

That 60 should make a good dent toward the purchase of a 350/350.... or Olds Rocket, or Buick Nailhead, or....

22. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Haven't accomplished a lot lately with my wife being sick and I had the worst frigg'n cold of my life but I thought I'd send a few pics of where my ride is. I got the motor mounts in, the deuce shell chopped, installed the brake pedal (it'll need to be offset a bit when the steering column is made). I used some 1.5 in. tubing to support the hanging pedal/master cylinder mount with a piece of flat bar mounted to the A post to support the back of the pedal assy and also eventually, the steering column. When I'm done, there will be a triangulated brace tucked up in behind the kick panels as well. The engine in it is just for mock up - it'll actually be a tripower intake but the dual quads look cool and gave me something to set my level on.

Attached Files:

• 778.jpg
      778.jpg
      File size:
      490.2 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      335.5 KB
      Views:
    • 777.jpg
      777.jpg
      File size:
      493.5 KB
      Views:
    • 776.jpg
      776.jpg
      File size:
      491.3 KB
      Views:
  23. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Ha! Cool engine stand. Looks like headers.....

24. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I submitted a "how to" for careyohio on the building a V'd roadster windshield for the upcoming Baileigh - Tech Week contest... no high tech tools in this build... but, I'm sure he could find a use for something on the next project... I know I'd appreciate your comments since he was caught off guard and was really surprised by the responses so far... I'm glad I'm not the only one impressed with his talent for creating an era correct windshield

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678500

[​IMG]

Although, Gene was to busy to comment...

[​IMG]

chriseakin likes this.
  25. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

26. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

Guess I'll have to jump in here too. Lost interest in the coupe with son getting married and now having three more grandchildren, finishing the basement, playing around with a stock T... selling it and lots of time on the motorcycle.... you all know the same old story of putting it off. I think this thread is going to do the trick.

The pictures show what's the coupe has looked like these past three years or so.

First thing I've got to do is to pull the 4 speed and put in a 350 I have laying around some where. My left knee has problems and having a clutch will only make it worst. And then hook up steering, plumming and be done.. ya right. Anyway that's the plan.

Thanks for the inspiration guys!!!!

Oh ya a completed car I like.

Attached Files:

rab71 likes this.
  27. Thanks for jumping in. Looks like you're getting after it. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are most of the Ts you'll find on this thread. Whatever you do, don't give up. Part of posting on here is to help create some momentum since the forces that try to keep us all from pursuing these builds is something well all contend with.

28. An old shot, but a good one. Langy's mock up.
    y high top 3.jpg

29. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

TOO COOL! NEED A BIGGER PIC
    [​IMG]

30. 430394_317728724944293_297884716928694_899923_516626260_n.jpg

Submitted for your approval: Mercury Charlie Zee Frame #14. 425 Nailhead/Turbo 400/ 9" Ford with 3.50 gears, Firestone Cheaters on 8" Vintage Torq Thrusts in rear. Pete and Jakes' rear Traverse spring with ladders. Split front wishbones. Front end and wheels are mock up only. Next steps: 4" drop axle front end, media blast body, construct floors, driveshaft tunnel, gas tank, grill shell, radiator, driveshaft, wiring, battery, exhaust, dash, gauges, steering box and column, headlights, attach body to frame. Nail down stance. Fire it up. Circle block. Tear completely apart for final finishes and re-construct, without screwing anything up. Good times.