Register now to get rid of these ads!

whos all goin to wichita starbird show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cadillac daddyo, Jan 6, 2011.

1. 1968FED

1968FED
    from Goddard KS

I'm there have the 68 FED as well as the 33 Coupe and the 73 Camaro that I just finished. Got to meet Monkey yesterday so any more HAMBers stop by and say Hi!

2. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Damn, $16 just to get in! Ugghhh. I might not go then.

3. Steve M

Steve M

I never thought that I'd be a shill for Starbird but;
    - As I recall the price of admission is down one dollar from last year.
    - The vendors complained about exhibitors bringing in their own food and drinks loud enough and long enough to get a change made. Be sure to thank them by not patronizing them.
    - For me being able to see Tom Hanna's front engined dragster was worth the price of admission. This car is often referred to as the most expensive dragster ever built. When you see the car you'll understand why.

4. Racewriter

Racewriter

It sounds like waiting for Tulsa was the right decision.

5. dannyogorman

dannyogorman

My Uncle and I went the first night and it seemed really slow. I got some free tickets through a guy at a local radio station and went again today and brought my wife and my uncle back in with me. It was much busier today than last night. The food and drink were high priced, but what do you expect? Lots of good people, lots of nice cars. The Mauraders display with the 2 Model A's and spare parts to build 2 different cars out of 1 was amazing. I got a kick of it.
    I had Ron Pinkston stripe my glovebox door and the clock housing on top of my dash. It looks nice. I'll post pics under my build thread when I get more time to upload everything off of my camera and then download them . I didn't have a whole lot of extra money left, but still bought a few prints off of Ben Mitchell "DragDaddy". The talent at the striper table was worth the $16.00. C'mon guys. The show wasn't that bad.

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I had a great time, took a whole bunch of pics. I'm editing them this morning and will start to upload them to my site. I had a great time hanging out with Jack at the fantastic Maraudergram display and the Fundamentals on their beach as well as everyone in between.

The car count was visably down, the average quality was up, and having a lower spectator count made for an easier time shooting pictures, some of them may have even come out okay.

7. yblock292

yblock292

Thanks , Chris Carlson owner of Chaotic Customs and wife Karma and kids did a terrific job on the display, he is also the pres of the Mauraders.What was funny is so many people didn't realize i had the restored model a also, it was my 15th birthday present in 1966 and i restored it in high school, thats 45 years of ownership!My purple hot rod is stating to get some age to, painted it in 99 and always thought it would be fun to show together.Was a grest time to see and hang out with so many H.A.M.B. brothers, Mic and the hoodlums from dewey, Travis and his pix takin marvals, Monkey and Myers and a zillion others. Thanks to all for the good time!Will just be glad when all the cars are home tonight and put to bed!Been a long weekend for many

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks to everyone for a blast yesterday. I've had the most fun then I have in years
    at a Starbird show. We got there about 10:00 and time just flew by. I almost drove up
    again this morning. Number of cars were down but the Quality of cars was the highest
    in years. Could not believe the high class builds that were up for the big award.

The Mauraders (Jack & Steve) had me rolling all day long. Ron Myers did a great job
    rounding up some killer talent at the pinstripers booth and Monkey could be the next
    Wolfman Jack, he is a very kool DJ. Chris Carlson, Karma and kids built one of the
    koolest club displays that I've ever seen. Hopefully someone will post some pictures.

Thanks Starbird and his gang, they put on a heck of a show Kan't wait for Tulsa...

Happy Trails, Mick

9. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I've been fighting a computer issue for a couple of hours, I have shots on the way haha. Darned computers!

10. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas