Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wholly barn find batman!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LiveActionMotorsports, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scored tonight on a 49 convertible merc and a 64 coupe de ville I've been trying to buy these for a while now and the guy finally called me and let's just say it was the deal of the century! I may be able to buy a wrecked 87 honda for the price I paid for both cars! Paperwork on both rides to.. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381647068.323626.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381647010.521019.jpg u

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

You definitely have bragging rites,well done, Gaz!

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

nice score... but it aint no "barn find"

that term is starting to wear thin, especially since i dont see a barn in those shots

4. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

5. ChefMike

ChefMike

that's a great find ! what's your plans for them?

6. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

[​IMG]

7. khead47

khead47

how ya gonna wash 'em?

8. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

The vert is cool.... I'd have left the caddy there.

9. Fenders

Fenders

lol !!:d

10. Barn find, concrete building find, quonset find, granary find, old garage find, new garage find, field find, beside the house find, storage unit find, your neighbor's car in the garage he would never sell. Who cares? Some of you politically correct people need to get a life. Fact is he came up with a couple of pretty sweet rides and you didn't. Nice score, no matter where you found them.

11. Is that a studebaker truck in the background?

12. Model T1

Model T1

Great find. And for you who doubt where he got them, looks like it's at a farm. Some farms have BARNS!:eek:
    He never said they were IN a barn or under one. Possibly he drove past a barn to get there.
    Still two nice cars for a Honda price.
    Now let's bitch about his spelling.:(

13. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

What he said...:D

14. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

no... some people need to get more creative about describing a car they buy. this is NOT a barn find car. period. they're just cars stored on someone's property that the owner finally decided to sell...

the same people who need to read a bit more before they call a car with AC, cruise and disc brakes a traditional hot rod

"barn find" used to mean something, but is becoming about as much fun to read about as a "rat rod build"

15. Yup, and the sloop John B

16. Hey FiddyFour, the Packers are going to play today, lay back, chill a bit, drink some wine, anything to get the taste of pissed in Cheerios out of your mouth.
    So it was a barnYARD find, I'm happy for the guy!

17. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Boy is that Merc cool!

Amen!

18. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Cool... 1 more Merc to the Chop shop...

19. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Some days you get the gold mine, some days you get the shaft. You my friend had a really good day! Congrats

20. Thanks everyone and to all the ruh-tards they were pulled out of a barn 2 weeks ago and moved to a diff location due to family death and the house being sold so y'all can lick it! I'm gonna wash them with my grinder and start cuttin rust out! BOOM 😜👊

21. Sounds like the Canadian and the OP are both thin skinned,,I see a boat in the back ground,,maybe the cars are dry dock finds?:D HRP

22. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I was refering to it being made into a Custom..and a Cool one at that.. Maybe I worded it wrong.

23. There was more than one Canadian that posted on this thread,,I wasn't referring to you. HRP

24. 2racer

2racer

x2, x2 ....

25. Model T1

Model T1

My earlier post--->Great find. And for you who doubt where he got them, looks like it's at a farm. Some farms have BARNS!:eek:
    He never said they were IN a barn or under one. Possibly he drove past a barn to get there.
    Still two nice cars for a Honda price.
    Now let's bitch about his spelling.:(

-----^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Was I close?;)

26. The barn find term has been diluted and thrown around so much in the last few years that it has lost the impact and significance it once had. HRP

27. hoodprop

hoodprop

Sweet Find there is a a technical subject on how to wash them somewhere on here

28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BAM-BAM!

No...some people need to get more creative with their posts. Like maybe at least mixing a good word or two with the bs.

BAM-BAM-BAM!

I don't think it ever had any great "impact" or "significance". Big deal...it's just nit-picking semantics.

Man, RS89...the Merc convert is a major score! No matter what the "experts" say, they can NOT diminish the significance of that. I think they're probably just jealous...as I am...lol. Congratulations. Keep us posted on your progress.

29. randy

randy

Almost like the word "traditional"...yawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.