Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who worked on their car last nite & whatcha do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitty_2, Feb 28, 2009.

1. fitty_2

fitty_2

Just a quickie post to get people psyched for the weekend and also welcome spring, we are on our way! I wanted to see who made it into their shops last nite and what they worked on. I am now officially 1/3 of the way done shaving off the undercoating on my '52 Crestline project. I have now seen virgin (un-rusted) metal on my rusty car for the 1st time and it feels good! If anybody gives you chit just point to the one mint section of your ride that happened not to fall to dust and say "It's all going to look as nice as that someday!" Probably another two work sessions maybe 4-5 hrs each gonna try and get some help tomorrow maybe get that job done.

Cheers HAMB'ers, gald to be here.

2. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Hmmmmmm, lets see. Topped off the radiator and checked the oil. Got up at 5am to load the rod with bar-b-que and drinks. Heading out at 6 am for "Cruise to the Lake".

3. A little rust is common on the 52-54 Fords,,,HRP

[​IMG]

But spend a lotta of weekends in the shop and it can be repaired.

[​IMG]

4. fitty_2

fitty_2

Nice work HRP!

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

I started the new engine in my 31 coupe for the first time.

6. built a new lower door skin for the 37 p.u.
    today i'll punch some louvers in a 32 deck lid

johnny

7. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Me and my son worked on his 51 shoebox? To Manolcars I bet you where like a Little kid on Cristmas moreing when you Fire you beast off :DI know I am when ever i build my motors and bust them of for the first time. Good luck hope it goes well:cool:

8. The Shocker

The Shocker

Last night and all week 7hrs a day (great way to spend vacation time).Fixing little dings and dents ,changing / welding in rocker panels ,and block sanding.Shes about ready to be repainted ,after the removal of the back bumper ,1/4 and trunk scripts and a quick wet sanding with some 600 grit...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  9. sjrodder

sjrodder
    from vermont

picked up olds 324 engine from machine shop. stood around looking at it and drunk some beers making plans for its install in our 29 coupe project

10. fitty_2

fitty_2

Sweet way to spend your vacation Shocker~ looking good! What's the color going to be? The yellow it is now is the only yellow I like on vehicles with enough white in it, cools the color off.

11. Sprcheese

Sprcheese

Me and my Bro welded the rear end to the frame. Hopefully we'll get all the brackets for the 4 bar, shocks, and the bags welded on this weekend.

Attached Files:

12. fitty_2

fitty_2

HRP~ How did you deal with the inner rear quarters?

13. i adjusted both door latches on my truck the doors rattled unmericifully,

14. budd

budd

installed body blocks in a 2 door sedan turned closed cab pickup, sand blasted the rear door posts, setup the lathe to make a few rivets this morning.

15. Tasting cast iron dust from porting Hemi heads.....

Rat

16. BELLM

BELLM

Worked on my '34 rear suspension. Scotty Baccus came by (2 hr round trip for him, thanks Scotty!), brought his neat digital tool, verified my crude findings of the pinion angle of the new rear end/rear suspension I'm putting in the blue car, told me all is good, he likes the suspension. good enough for me, I'm buttoning it up today.
    Man of many talents, much knowledge. Amazing how many resources we have here, how our skills & knowledge compliment each other.
    Thanks again Scotty!

17. old_skool_1953

old_skool_1953

Kudos to you guys who can get off of their lazy butts in the winter to work on your rods. I am disgusted with myself this winter. I can't seem to get any motivation to do anything. I search around on here all week getting excited and doing my homework and then the weekend comes and i do nothing. Then i spend Sunday night and Monday morning pissed because i didnt do anything.

18. Garv

Garv
    from GTA

Worked on the exhaust for the 32, installed the gas tank, got side tracked and ran the gas line. By now it was -15 deg c, went inside to warm up and fell asleep on the couch....pretty much a perfect night =8*)

19. my car has been in storage at buddies house for about three months. yesterday i went and bought a tarp style carport and she's coming home today. i can't wait. i just need my buddie with the trailer to wake up so i can go get it.

20. TJratz

TJratz

Welded in a new lower door skins on my 1950 deluxe

21. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

sewed up all the panels for the interior on my '26 coupe.

22. Flat Broke

Flat Broke

Put clutch, trans driveshaft back in. Started running fuel lines, and buttoned up the cooling system with the help of a buddy. Hope to hear her run today!

23. Rusty Kustoms

Rusty Kustoms

I had the day off yesterday and worked on a buddy's mud truck, had to move the fuel cell, radiator and put in a new trans. I will never again volunteer to work on someones greasy, muddy, p.o.s. mud truck in 0 degree weather. Also it seemed to have slipped my mind how extremely heavy and cumbersome a transfer case is!

24. prl98

prl98

Final primed my friends '64 G.P.

25. twofosho

twofosho

Nothing glamorous like working on the hot rod or the Fairlane, just heater hoses on the 5.0 Fox convertible daily, and it wasn't pretty. And now of course, it has become apparent that disturbing the heater core means it's leaking again and needs replacing. I'm sure that will burn up another entire weekend of "free" time.

26. TDC

TDC

Didn't work on my car, but I did work on my bike. Cleaning carbon from pistons. Next is to hone the cylinders. Like it was mentioned, spring is right around the corner.

Josh

27. MissPrint

MissPrint

Gonna go finish taking off front bumper (got the rear one off on Weds) and the rest of my grill. . .should get some sanding done today. . .;)

Have to work tonight and tomorrow so Monday is my Saturday :p Will get in a full day of work then. . .

28. i jacked up Lil Beast.........
    Lil Beast front.jpg
    to make sure these would clear the disc brakes up front...
    1050_1.jpg
    to match these for the rear
    SLOTS.jpg
    clears but with less then a 1/4"..also been on the hunt to find at least 1 more M/T center cap like in the pic..no luck here in the classified or over on evilbay..:(.

29. Phil1934

Phil1934

I made a visor

Attached Files:

30. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

I was hoping to get my front end together but parts are holding me up. Oh well, it's part of it. Good note, my frame and subfloor frame are ready to start mock up.