Register now to get rid of these ads!

who will bend 8ft of 3/4 steel in mn?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rouye56wingnut, Aug 17, 2013.

1. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

I am looking for someone in the greater Mpls/St.Paul area to brake a piece of 3/4 thick steel 8ft long . Discount and McNeilus wont do independent work and someone else's steel .I have found another but felt the pricing was out there being I had a file and was willing to leave it until they had a project with the correct dies already in the machine to save setup charges and was willing to pay cash .

If anyone works for someone that has a 500 ton press brake and would be willing to do this get ahold of me .Dan 507-263-7411

2. okiewelder

okiewelder
    from central Ok

We have a few presses that large but I don't think that part would fit in my lunch box. And we are not allowed to bring our porjects in to work offically.

3. bump for a fellow MN/ twin cities HAMBer.

4. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

He wants it broke 8' long!

5. when I built my Race Car I went to a Local Bus Garage to have some Tubing Bent
    which was 1/4" wall tubing for my Roll Cage.!
    back in the Day

Just my 3.5 cents

6. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

What was the quote price? and is this for you or for a customer?

7. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

This is for me as I am building a tower for my Yoder and it will require 2 Channels that end up at 24" square .

8. oldolds

oldolds

Unless you already have the steel it might be best to buy the steel from the guys who can do it. That way if it cracks at the bend in a year or two maybe they will stand behind it. I'd rather stand behind it than be under it!

9. jazz1

jazz1

I have no idea where the steel might be used but there are guys who can cut laser straight with a torch..,I am not one of them

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. That's what I would do.

11. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

If you read the original post , I already have a file with allowances already in place , this is why all of the figuring is done and they just need to fit it in when they are doing a similar project . I am already using a track cutter for doing the initial cutouts , so I am aware of how to cut a bunch of plates . That is not what I want my corners to look like as well as there will only be 2 weldments . I am just looking for someone who might know a facility that is not on a corporate level that is looking for some vacation money . I will find someone it just always amazes me how many contacts are on here , and that may save me phone time .

12. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

bttt for sunday viewing

13. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Have you tried Wrico Stamping???

2727 Niagara Lane
    Minneapolis, MN 55447
    (763) 559-2288
    Fax: (763) 553-7976

Too bad you aren't at the other end of the state. I would think that Grand Forks Welding, Tri-Steel Equipment (Grand Forks), Young Manufacturing (Grand Forks), or BTD (Detroit Lakes) could all do it.