Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who was the author....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hubnut, Nov 1, 2006.

1. of the little hard backed books, hot rod, drag race, stock car race, chicken race (i think was one). I remember there was five or six of 'em.

2. Henry Gregor Felson. Hot Rod, I loved that book as a child...

3. Thanks! I remember 'em from the sixth grade. I musta read 'em a hundred times back then.

4. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Felsen wrote Hot Rod, Street Rod, Rag Top, Fever Heat, Crash Club, and Road Rocket. William Campbell Gault wrote Dirt Track Summer, Drag Strip, and a couple other car oriented novels. I've got one by another author called Road Race about a kid that hops up a Model A, gets hauled in by the cops, and then gets bailed out and kind of adopted by a local adult car lover that restores and races Dusenbergs. Were it not for novels like this when we were young, what would we have written book reports on?

5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

There are a lot of fans of his work on the HAMB, and it's been discussed a number of times. Search "Felsen" and you'll find more than a dozen threads.

6. One of my other favorites was Christine by Stephen King. Granted, a horror novel, but very car-oriented, and lots of human-interest besides the horror, a genre I am not a fan of, even though I am a fan of his early work.

7. R-U-N-N-O-F-T

R-U-N-N-O-F-T
    from Missouri

Amazon lists the "Henry Gregor Felsen Collection" as currently unavailable. Sounds like it would make a good Christmas gift, though.
    I'd never heard of 'em before--thanks guys. When I was a kid I read books by and about the great European driving aces: Fangio, Fitch, Clark, Hill, the other Hill, Gurney, Cunningham, Moss, etc etc etc

8. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Search "Henry Gregor Felsen" on eBay. There are six of his books on there right now.