Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who ships transmissions – Canada to California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LaGrasta, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Each place I look only ships to #150lbs. I suspect this tranny weighs approximately #200lbs. Is it even going to be worth it? Used 4L60E with only 32,000 miles.

2. Truckedup

Truckedup

UPS ships freight heavier than 150 lbs.They will pick it up at your house for a price.Shipping is probably the same as any freight company,150-250 US bucks.Probably be easier to deal locally unless it's a deal ya can't pass by.

3. bttt, anyone else? International gonna be a problem?

4. vegas paul

vegas paul
    from salina, ks

Try Greyhound. They only go terminal to terminal, but it just means you go down to pick it up at the Bus Station. Pretty cheap. I had a Stude transmission shipped to me from Indiana to Las Vegas for about $40.00. Took 5 days.

5. what are you paying for the trans?
    combine that with shipping and you can probably find one local.
    if you want, i can look around with the guys i deal with and see what they have. then you're just in for gas.
    whats the trans going in?

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think their limit is 100 lbs. I've had great luck shipping odd sized pieces with them though.

You have to have the customs papers to get it across the border too.

I'd check UPS Freight and Fedex freight. to see what both offered.

You might also check with a carrier like Oak Harbor to see if they have a connection where the trans is in Canada. Usually you can save some money if the shipment is dropped off at the freight station there and you pick it up at the dock at your location instead of pickup an delivery at both locations.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  7. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used these guys from southern TX to Chicago for $200.00. Easy and prompt trans was 168 pounds.

To ship with us using this quote please respond to this e-mail or call Kevin at 800-998-2100. Reference your quote number to ensure you receive the correct pricing!

At EngineShipping.com we work everyday to simplify the process of shipping for our clients. Allow us to do the work for you. Please fill in any of the following details you have not already provided:

8. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

9. HotRod33

HotRod33

you can buy a new TCI transmission from summit or Jegs and they will ship it where ever you want it.....

10. thanks for all the replys, a lot of leads.
    I actually don't even need one yet, but suspect I will soon. I have a '98 Astro that I bought new, now with 146k on it, but still shifts great. My plan is to keep the van long term so when I saw this 98 Astro trans with so little miles for sale, I thought I'd get it just to store. We haven't agreed on a price, but maybe as little as $200. If I can get it in the garage for less than $500, that would seem like a good deal to me.

11. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Go on EBAY and search for "transmission"
    There are a ton of rebuilders and scrappers that sell & ship these things.
    If you ask a couple of them you'll get some useful info i'm sure
    TP

12. I've used Greyhound to ship a 700r4. Cheap and easy.