Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who sells quality front end rebuild parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OG lil E, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Well, I finally got the "new" front end parts I needed for my Chevy truck today. Tons of people at the junkyard, but the prices were great. I got the upper and lower A-arms for both sides, center drag link, idler arm support and a sway bar, all for 50 bucks!

I took it all down to the car wash to clean them up and get ready for disassembly, powder coating and new bushings and ball joints.

I've looked through my catalogs and Hemmings for a source on rebuild parts and don't really know who to buy from. Are the "stock" kits ok, or is it worth the extra money for polygraphite or urethane? Who have you bought rebuild parts from in the past? Recommendations?

Right now I'm leaning towards the polygraphite kit that Performance Suspension Technology (PST) advertises in Hemmings. Anyone ever bought parts from them?

I want to rebuild the front end once and do it right so its good for many years to come. Thanks for any input. Layta..............................................E

2. Me an me dad have done the polygraphite deal on 3 cars. The stuff works good, for the performance aspect. If your lookin for that then go for the poly, if your lookin for solid daily driver stuff, just get there regular rebuild stuff. The poly stuff is a little on the stiff side. I have a 66 Chevy truck an when I get around to it I'm gonna go thru the suspension an use the stock PST stuff. The poly bushings seem to make a bit more noise also, but that could just be from lack of lube, don't know for sure. Thats my half brain cell opinion. Larry

3. I got a front end rebuild kit from Kanter for a 57 Pontiac I once had, Parts were good quality.

www.Kanter.com

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Ed, Use Kanter...have only used that stuff for years and you know what kind of miles we put on our cars...best quality...
    R-

5. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

I'm gonna have to go against Kanter. My brother got a kanter kit for his '39 and not one year later the grease boots and stuff look no better than the original ones on my '54 chevy. Maybe they had a bad batch go through or something, but for the cost it was not a pleseant experiance.

6. Reverendcolin

Reverendcolin

I've always had good luck with Kanter. A bunch of us use there front end stuff without a problem.

Revhead, You should let them know you had a peoblem.

7. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

Give Bil;l; a call at JUST SUSPENDSON a call.1 800 872 1548 they are both local I like Bill a LOT better.

8. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

9. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

i just ordered from kanter, myself. delivery was quick, but i won't drive the car for a long time so i don't know how they'll work. i did call just suspension first, they told me that they cannot sell whole front end kits because it would be too expensive, so i was pretty much left with kanters on that one.