Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who says fiberglass ain't traditional?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Just put this vintage metalflake Trabaca fiberglass tank on my bike.

Attached Files:

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Here's how it looks on the bike, sorry about the shitty photos.

Attached Files:

3. Greezy

Greezy

Looks good Nads....

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That's killer lookin' Nads. When I say your bike looks rat rod cool, I mean that in the best way possible. I'd love to ride something like that- and I'm not a bike guy!

5. Nads, you could have gotten a steel one if you would have gone to Webster today. We got called "those rat rodders" as dv8 was buying a T body for his modified. haha

6. D Picasso

D Picasso

neat! tell you whut, though, if you lose the 'Genuine Fiberglas' sticker, I'll kill ya.

by the way, maybe it's the foto, but your seat's taking on the appearance of a big slice of cheese pizza.

7. The gas will stay fresh If the lid is properly sealed [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

Fiberglass last and last...steel rusts and rusts... fiberglass has been around for over 60 years too .

9. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Fa, I hate to tell ya this, but the sticker sort of fell off as soon as gas hit it. I do have it saved and I'm going to try and have my friend make me a replica.
    Nate, I was at Webster today, all's I got was some wheel adapters and a set of '62 Caddy hubcaps.

10. D Picasso

D Picasso

d'oh! well, you know how I feel on the subject.

11. Hay Nads- I hung with Zor this weekend at our local show[Buzzard Run]Macon Mo and we were talkin about the 34coupe- can you show a pic or two of where its at man?Kenny

12. I met Dee Wescott during my three month HONEYMOON HOT ROD EXPEDITION EXTRAVAGANZA(tm) ...sorry germ... and he said they started the fibreglass business back in 1957 when they couldn't find a rear valance panel for a '33 or '34 that they were working on, so they made one out of fibreglass. Then all of a sudden, everyone wanted one.

Hey Nads, maybe when you get the sticker redone you can get them to spell FIBREGLASS correctly. [​IMG]

13. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

glue it back on and put some clear over the tank or some clear nail polish to protect it

14. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Cool looking bike Nads. Nice Bertoia in the back ground also.

15. nice 1 Nads. i met some old time rodders.in navda, and
    they put glass bodys on there rods back in 53, siad it was lighter, better for race'n. so not traditional (bullshit).