Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Who remembers Deft lacquer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Okay I've had some Deft Lacquer so long that the labels have fallen off, I've got gallons of Deft 27-y-5 and 27-y-8 ( yellow btw) anyone remember if this is nitro or acrylic? or have an old catalog ?

2. The only Deft lacquer I remember is a interior product designed for wood. HRP

upspirate likes this.
  3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Deft was the go to wood finish when I was in 7th grade wood shop but that was a LONG time ago. I believe that you can still buy Deft today for woodworking.

4. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

This is automotive paint I got back in the 1980's the 27-y-8 is shell yellow, I bought a bunch of paint from a guy with a paint shop, He had an add in the Recycler and I think I paid 5 bux a gallon, over the years I've given a lot of paint away but the labels have fallen off with time, in the old days I could smell the difference but My sniffer isn't what it used to be.

5. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

I remember my Dad using Deft for all his wood projects, but never saw it in a paint.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app