Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who Remembers CARtoons..?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Racewriter

Racewriter

I used to love CARToons. Every now and then I'll pick up a copy or two at a swap meet. I still enjoy reading Krass and Bernie in Car Craft (they were my favorite part of the mag, anyway).

2. ive had this street freak pic since i was 15. love it! got drag cartoons a few years back. its the december 65 issue.

Attached Files:

3. orange52

orange52

Gotta love Cartoons! I've got a few in a box and a folder with the iron-ons.

4. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Cartoons was my first art teacher! We've recently been in contact with Steve Austin and John Larter again and they're watching the H.A.M.B. Check out last Friday's art show in the archives!

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hey Shane....I'll look....I have quite a few from mid 80's up until the last issue.
    If I find it, I'll post it up fer ya!:D

6. phukinartie

phukinartie

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

had a bunch of old issues ..lost them all in a house fire 11 years back

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Anyone going to the March Meet in Bakersfield in a few weeks should stop by and say "hi" to Pete's widow Orah Mae and their daughter, Robin. They will have their booth there with lots of CARtoons goodies..
    Super nice folks..here's Orah Mae with drag parachute legend, the late Jim Deist

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  9. 1927Tudor

1927Tudor

great mag... I remember one story from the early 70's about some guy that got welded in to a digger frame while he was sleeping, and spent a season racing and the owner wouldn't cut him out till he won the championshio.. bizarre shit to read as a teenager...

10. growing up in the late 70's and early 80's my dream was to move to california and draw for CARtoons.trosley is a genius! enough of these movies based on lame ass comic books like spider man and xmen, when are we getting a live action krass and bernie?

11. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Amen to that brother! Errol McCarthy was far above the rest, artiscally speaking. I've always wondered what happened to him since the CARtoons days, but try as I might, I can't find any info on him. Anyone else know?

12. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

A while back, I was surfing the net and stumbled on Pete Millar's story. I read his family was offereing all of Pete's work on CD, and I really need to order up before I miss another opportunity on his work. Anyone remember "GearWolf"? It was one of Millar's characters who accidently drank a Coke bottle filled with brake fluid one night in the garage and thus became " The GearWolf, kind of a werewolf monster. I don't remember much, but I do remember it being hilarious, as were all of Pete's stuff.

13. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

i have 5 0r 6 issues ..there cool

14. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

I loved Cartoons and was lucky enough to have my car on the cover![​IMG]

15. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

I'm still looking for this one
    any condition inexpensive please

Attached Files:

16. aceuh

aceuh

That rocks bro! I haven't talked myself into having George do a cover for me....I'd like to...it's just the initial impact on the budget I'm trying to get over!:D

17. Rusty Karz

Rusty Karz

After reading this thread for a while I was glad to find out that the Arin Cee cartoons were available on Disc. I sent off for disc #1 and got it and a nice hand written note from Mrs. Millar.

18. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Cool! John still does political cartoons for the newspapers. I've met him a number of times (we both had BBC T-Buckets in Calgary in the 90's), he's a really neat guy. I should have had him do a drawing for me back then.

19. last g-man

last g-man

.......man, major flash back material. Thanks for the site link!

20. GatorJZ

GatorJZ
    from Florida

Krass & Bernie are alive and well and appear every month in Car Craft magazine.

21. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Count me in.Loved the mag.Learned how to draw from it.

22. Diavolo

Diavolo

Talk about timing! I was just talking to the lady about that old cartoon in Car Craft where Bernie scallops a car because he met a girl at a rod run who was talking about her daddy's "Blue Fish". Sucker painted the entire car during the night by hand, using matches to either see what he was painting or drying the paint, I can't remember which...

He got the girl at the end.

23. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Re-post:

I had my letter published in that Car Toons magazine when I was like 12 or 13 years old. Late 80's. Don't remember what issue it was. When I saw it in there I freaked out. I thought I was famous.

Can anyone check for me and let me know what issue my letter is in? The letter starts out " hey duds, ooops I mean dudes"

Stupid? I know. I was young.

My name is Shane Henderson

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  24. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

At one time I had every issure of CARtoons, Dragtoons, Surftoons and Big Daddy's mag from around 1964-70. Then I went overseas on one of Uncle Sam's deals. My Mom let my brothers kids have them, and by the time I got back I was only able to save a couple of Roths and 2-3 of the CARtoons.

We won't even talk about the first issues I had of Fantastic 4, Spiderman, Hulk, and many more of the Marvel comics. Older brother used to laugh about it,until I showed him what issue #1 of the Fantastic 4 was going for now.

25. krass and bernie rule!
    i always wanted to be those guys when i was a little kid.
    (yes i know they are imaginary)
    spent days on end learning from the how to draw cars articles

26. Rooney00

Rooney00

Yeah, I loved that magazine as a kid. I don't have any issues, but have one of the iron-ons still. It's of a Cobra IIRC.

27. aceuh

aceuh

I spotted this while skimming through an old issue today...It was a tiny pic down in the bottom corner of a page full of letters. After a closer look I realized it was Trosley's unique way of making a birth anouncement!

Only took me 20 yrs to catch it!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2009
    Mark A likes this.
  28. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Can't find a pic but Homer Simpson is a fan.

29. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Attn. Jon Favreau.

30. comicus

comicus
    from Tulsa

You don't remember some CARtoon art from about 1972 called; 'Panic Stop' do you? I'm trying to find out who was the artist and where I could get a copy.
    It was a drawing of a Chevelle that must have been doing about 300 just prior, because the car (and the driver) were exploding forward. The car was drawn separating from each part, including the license plate and the lettering on the license plate! All because there was a cop car (with the cops asleep no less) sitting off to the side. Hilarious!!
    Any info would be appreciated!
    Kenny