Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Who Ran At Old Dominion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PHIL COOPY, Mar 8, 2017.

1. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

Picture057.jpg
    Crazy days......

2. Phil,

Had a bunch of friends who raced there in the late '70s into the '80s..... Some still race the local tracks.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

Yeah...Summerduck too...

4. What years did you race Old Dominion?

5. oj

oj

I remember a big round tube altered running there, it wasn't blown when I saw it, he was a regular and I remember talking to the guy in the staging lanes. A couple friends had different altereds, both BBC's, one of them ran a little nitro and Dickie got all pissed because it had a lenco/clutch and would tear up the starting line when he launched and kicked him out. He was quite proud of being kicked out of Old Dominion and had a lot of fun with it.
    Those were fun days.

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Jack Donaghy ran an altered back in the day ('80s)

7. I ran my 68 Firebird at at Old Dominion once in the 90's. It was slow and loud but i was 17 and thought it was bad ass. Finally blew the 400 up at Summerduck the next year. Good times. They are building the new version of Old Dominion right down the road from me in Thornburg Va. I heard the Old Dominion had closed due to the noise of the track and the constantly increasing housing going up around the track. Still haven't finished the Drag strip in Thornburg yet but I heard the oval track was done. I need to go check it out. ITs only 15 min from my house, they need to hurry up with the drag strip!

61cad, lothiandon1940 and Just Gary like this.
  8. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

Might have been me in the '80s...Phil