Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who Offers The Best Collector Car Insurance?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modelkitbasher, Jan 3, 2015.

1. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Now that I am off my soap box on the search function ... Some of you guys have givin thumbs up to insurance company's based on price and stated you haven't had a claim yet?...

The test of an insurance company is when you have a claim ... It great they will cover a 100k Willys for $10 a month but are they going to pay up if it gets wrecked or stolen? Insurance company's have a big bag of tricks !

That whole hot turkey deal would have me concerned about company's ... I want to hear of people with claims.... I also have been told , no matter what the ins co says... It's best to have an appraisal

2. 5window

5window

I think somebody needs a nice cup of hot chocolate and some time out. People say "do a search" because some topics-like this one-have been hashed over tons of times. New data is always helpful, but a search can save you a lot of time and give a lot of background information you could then refine into better questions.

What I can't figure out is why the "New HAMB Search Engine" doesn't give responses in chronological order.

3. titus

titus

Im with Thirty-two in the fact that the search function does suck, ive learned some tricks here and there than make it work better but it isnt that good, but that is with many searches.

my big trick now is to google image search something im looking for info on, if i see a pic that relates i click on it, works great.

Insurance is a crock of shit if you ask me, no matter the coverage they will always try and wiggle their way out of it somehow. Ive been working on getting "collector car" coverage with my agent, they want pics, sure send pics, oh cars in primer we wont put collector ins on it, i guess they dont understand that even tho a car is unfinished it still has value, they didnt even car that i didnt want to even put a hi value on them. my insurance man got creative and found some "old" insurance programs and we were able to make it work with a lowish stated value on a couple cars.

JEFF

4. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Titus, BEWARE of stated value insurance. Not the same as agreed value.

5. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Why has no one mentioned Condon-Skelly? They have been around a long time.

6. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I had Condon & Skelly for many years. About 4 years ago, I contacted Grundy.......same exact coverage, same agreed value amount, plus no deductible, for about half what I was paying. I never looked back.

7. Down at the end of the search page, there is a choice between "most recent" or "relevance" and the default is "relevance". Checking "most recent" can get you better results, especially in the classifieds and when looking for a current thread.

8. I'm thinking the insurance thread could almost become a sticky after the number of them I've seen.

Posted using the uh, er, whatever. Who cares app

9. 5window

5window

That's the most helpful reply I have seen in weeks! Thanks.

10. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Type this into Google and you will see results ONLY from jalopyjournal.com

"best insurance" site:jalopyjournal.com

...although I personally think the site search function is fine.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015