Register now to get rid of these ads!

who makes these?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54chevy4door, Oct 4, 2007.

1. 54chevy4door

54chevy4door

Ok i was wondering if anyone knows about these intakes, who makes them, where can i get them ect.... I am more of a six cylinder guy so sorry if i sound like a newb.[​IMG]

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Edelbrock X-1...no longer in production....

3. I believe that is Edelbrock Cross Ram Log.

4. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

My 1964 Honest Charley Speed Shop catalog shows them as an Edelbrock Ram Log Manifold. In 1960 or so a team of Chrysler engineers did a bit of experimenting with ram tubes to increase horsepower. They campaigned a 49 plymouth with one of their late model engines (I forget which one but it was prior to the introduction of the hemi in 1964.)

As a result the 1962 Dodge and Plymouth drag cars were offered with 413 c.i. wedge engine equipped with a 2-4 barrel cross ram manifold that covered most of the top of the engine.

Speed equipment makers jumped on the band wagon and came out with several varieties of manifolds based on the ram effect. As I recall the ram effect worked at high rpm numbers making them impractical for a street engine.