Register now to get rid of these ads!

who made this hemi trans adapter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by devinshaw, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. devinshaw
    Joined: Oct 1, 2006
    Posts: 285


    I just bought a mystery hemi trans adapter. Puts a ford manual trans to a early hemi, sarter still in original location, cast aluminum and the only marking is HC-11, or MC-11, maybe NC-11 Just not sure on the first letter. Just trying to figure out what company may have made this piece.
  2. jerry
    Joined: Mar 2, 2001
    Posts: 3,473


    Doesn't look like a Cragar or Offy number, they were mostly 4difgit s with no letters.

  3. Tdesoto276
    Joined: Mar 22, 2006
    Posts: 204

    from Des Moines

    Sounds like Harman & Collins. Got a pic?
  4. Honest Charley used HC-* as a part number, but only for early Buick engines to various boxes.

    Joined: Nov 22, 2005
    Posts: 7,618

    from SIDNEY, NY

    The two letter-two digit arrangement sounds like a Transdapt part number. Does the adapter have "ribs" cast in it?
  6. Could be a Trans-Dapt

    I am looking at the 1965 Moon Equipment Catalog and NC is Chrysler Products 1954 and Up, V8's with ignition in rear. Also fits Plymouth 318, 1959 thru 1961.

    NC4 is early Ford
    NC5 or NC5K is Late Ford

    They have no listening for any transmission witht he number 11.

    HC is 1953-1956 Buick

    No reference for MC
  7. devinshaw
    Joined: Oct 1, 2006
    Posts: 285


    The adapter does have some fins cast around the top.
  8. Big Al
    Joined: Dec 10, 2006
    Posts: 1,428

    Big Al

    do you intend to keep it. if not i would be interested in it.
  9. devinshaw
    Joined: Oct 1, 2006
    Posts: 285


    I just found a transdapt part # chart here on the hamb and it looks like the NC stands for chrysler 1954-1958 engines and the 11 stands for 1965-1967 ford manual trans. So that should be it I guess it is a transdapt. Now to find a clutch fork, and figure what other stuff you are sopposed to use with it.
  10. ken fohn
    Joined: Nov 3, 2008
    Posts: 2

    ken fohn

    Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with devinshaw? Ken Fohn 830 491-1959
  11. 73RR
    Joined: Jan 29, 2007
    Posts: 6,723


    Be sure to note that most of the early adapters relied on the 57-58 starter mounting plate for 12-volt starter and to provide correct spacing for the input shaft. The starter to flywheel interface does not change because you will use 57-58 flywheel, starter and starter mounting plate.
    Send a note if you need to chat.


Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.