Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who made this flathead intake?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D_Lazaris, Sep 21, 2011.

1. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

I just got this intake and wasn't sure if I was going to keep it or not. But before I decide to get rid of it I am curious on a couple things.

Is this just a run of the mill "no-name" intake?

And I'm curious why there are so many mounting holes? All of our other intakes don't have quite as many as this does.

I hate to get rid of it but I need money to get to Eagle Field....

Thanks guys!

ImageUploadedByTJJ1316659137.328581.jpg

2. fordcpe

fordcpe

3. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Close... But there no name on it at all. And it doesn't appear to be ground off either...

4. Looks like a Fenton copy!

5. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Huh I guess so! It was the knock off of it's day!

6. 28 jalopy

28 jalopy
    from arizona

Still, If a knock off it has a nice detail on the vacume port on the rear carb base! I give it a thumbs up! There are a couple knockoffs from a fenton manifold like D&T but they didnt have that vacume port that I remember.

7. nice lookin manifold..............

8. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

It is definitely interesting.. I do like the vacuum ports though, pretty slick.

Any idea why so many mounting holes??

9. 28 jalopy

28 jalopy
    from arizona

Maybe to adapt a carb they thought was going to be the new standard. Or to mount a aditional attatchment like a Eddie Meyer slingsot deal? The did anything crazy that they thought could give more power back then.

10. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Has THREE vac ports, all I think different from Fenton. The ones by carb bases would allow separate plumbing of vac brake in distributor and wipers, as on prewar Fords, the rear probably is tapped to take '42-48 type hookup of distributor and wipers. If it has small drillings into BOTH manifold levels it would allow easy hookup of a PCV, not a common thing on early multi manifolds.
    Mounting holes are stock pattern for '32-48. '49 up deleted a few and many aftermarket manifolds also deleted a few because they were thick castings that did not leave enough space between ports.
    It does look very like a Fenton except for all those details...empty unground pad looks like they were prepared to sell it under several names...