Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who knows what these are?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by solid, Jul 28, 2012.

1. solid

solid

I was told by the guy i bought these from they are Mickey Thompson wheels from the late 60's early 70's. They say, International-Benicia, Cali. on the back they are aluminum 15x8 small ford/small chevy bolt pattern. Any help will be appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. y-oh-y

y-oh-y

E-T Mags had a plant in Benicia in the 70's-80's

3. INTERNATIONAL also made wheels of that design..We were distributors for them back in those days,,,dont remember the city they were in..but if they say "International" thats what they are.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  4. Solid: I think they are pretty cool looking and apparently you do too so who cares who made them. You going to polish or run as is? Tim

5. They look like Ansens.

6. R Pope

R Pope

Have a similar set of Internationals. They use a steel ring with three different bolt circles, and long tapered wheel nuts that are no longer available. Don't pay much for them! We bored the tapered holes out to use new style bolts and washers, but haven't driven on them yet, don't know if they will come loose or not.

7. If they were ansens they would say ansen on them.

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I don't know but the rib around the holes will be the determining factor. Most of the clones don't have this rib. That will eliminate a lot of possibilities. It's not an Ansen for sure.

9. To add to Tommy's comment about the raised bead around the holes, the Thompsons had more of a squarish hole with the bead detail, somewhat like a Halibrand, with a small rib within the hole. The Ansens and the gazillion clones of that wheel lacked that bead detail (probably to save on costs) beside making the hole oval shaped. CRS has gotten in the way of remembering the model name for the M/Ts, but maybe someone else can recall.

International also did the dish mag with six holes instead of five, and the holes had a nice eased edge that gave it a more stylish look. Called the International Dragmaster.

10. rockguy92

rockguy92

Could they be a set of Ansen's? They kind-of look like some American's I had back in the 70's, but the American's didn't have the unilug holes in them. I could be wrong!!

The Rock

11. robber

robber
    from Colorado

They look a lot like the Ansens I had on my '64 Cyclone. But, I think that because they say International on them, then that is what they are. I don't believe they are Micky's but no matter what they are, they are definitely cool!:cool:

Attached Files:

12. Danny G

Danny G

I have a set of Internationals but they are 5 spokes on my 55 and they run real true and I only had 1 guide plate so I left them off and they had been used on a chevy for so long they wont move out of that pattern.