Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who Is Runnin' Colored/tinted Headlights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WICKEDJOHN, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Hey guys, just wanted more info on tinted headlights....2 headlight or four headlight systems....5" or 7" availability? Any problems with the law......where do you get yours? I have seen them on evil bay.....I always liked sox and martin drag cars as well as others....what do you got....John
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I can assure you that here in South Carolina you ain't gonna get away with them,,,,BTW,, both cars look like the are not street driven. HRP

3. Old Gold

Old Gold

I had made my own once using a standard headlight and spraying them with Duplicolor anodizing paint. Comes in quite a few colors and is very durable. It's transparent and the more coats the darker. Alot cheaper than the alternative.

4. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

5. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Excellent way to flagg STOP ME...

6. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

It's more of a Ricer thing isn't it?

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I believe the law states headlight must be white. In California, it's asking for a ticket. I know the ricers get pulled over all the time for having blue lights to replace the windshield wiper nozzles.

8. Actually... Does anyone know where I can buy a set of those French fog lights (yellow-tinted high beam replacements)? I haven't seen those much since I was kid and now I've been looking for set for a while now.

9. belair

belair

Red and blue headlights!!?? - what's next-black cars with white doors?

10. 1LOWCHIEF

1LOWCHIEF

At one time quite awhile ago I was told that our cars can't have forward facing lights that would otherwise be on used on an emergency vehicle, which I guess covers all the cars pictured in this post so far...

11. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

There was a semi-local guy with a severely chopped and lowered suede black 34 Ford 5W that ran smoked headlights... looked sinister, although that car would look sinister regardless...I think he has about 14 to 1 compression small block that shakes the ground from about 100 yards away. Wish I had a pic. Not sure where he got the lights, or if he smoked them himself somehow, but it looked good... last I saw the car it had "normal" lights, so he either got busted for 'em or decided he didn't like the look as much as I did!

12. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

That Chevy looks pretty sick with the red lights.

Even if you can't use 'em on the street, you could always take them with you to the cruise night and swap them out when you get there. Easy peasy.

13. 2-TONED

2-TONED

those lights remind me.
    i stopped in at a mercedes or some kind of foreign car dealer in Owatonna Mn. once in about 84 as they had a mercedes in the front row with gold highbeams.
    A salesman ran right out to me (probably thinkin i was trading in my SS-454 chevelle :eek:) ---- i said a need a pair of these gold lights.
    I can get you some he said. ------ dont remember why i didnt get any!?

do remember why i had to drive 25 miles over there though. i had to meet up with some strange dude with a wicked camaro. - sounded real strong coming down the street but what a 'waste' of time. i gave him a good look at my nice SS back bumper & i barely got enough gas money out of him to pay for the whole wasted night!

14. chrisp

chrisp

In France they were 2 ways to have yellow lights.
    1 it was a glass cover that you just slipped over the light bulb.
    2 it was the whole lens that was yellow.
    Now to get those if you knew somebody in France that would help, or you could just go to some import shop cause they have a film that they stick over the headlights, it comes in different colors including yellow.

15. Muttley

Muttley

Those look like crap.

16. 1LOWCHIEF

1LOWCHIEF

In retrospect... what would be the point? Is it purely for cosmetic reasons?

17. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

They look good on a 60's style drag car, but other than that....eh.....

18. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

exactly.might go well with frilly undies too.

19. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

Got mine off of egay, just search for "yellow sealed beam" or whatever color, they are out there. Mine are h4 halogen they look nuts-as-fuck sinister at night too!:eek::eek:

20. zzford

zzford

Tinted headlights would go with nicely with the neon under the car. Excuse me while I go puke.